User Tag List

Thread: New owner - Mazda 3 MPS

1. Default New owner - Mazda 3 MPS

Hi all, just purchased a stock 2007 Mazda 3 MPS (aurora blue)... Absolutely loving it so far!

I'm not going to too crazy on the mods... Ordered myself a d5151 stereo, might look at some suspension, new intake and a re-flash. The more I read though, the more ideas I get...

It's due for its 60k service shortly so if anyone can recommend somewhere good in Canberra that would be great.

Cheers!

Welcome! Congrats on the purchase.
    I'm sure old mate @chef will recommend ultimate tunes in Canberra but he can fill you in on that side of things. Others may have other suggestions as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by diggidydogg View Post
    Ordered myself a d5151 stereo, might look at some suspension, new intake and a re-flash. The more I read though, the more ideas I get...!
    ^^ This kinda makes me think it's too hard to stop the mod process already...
    Once started you won't go back!

Enjoy OzMPS
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

awesome color choice
    really should look at another canberra meet....

Welcome mate...all these newbies with big ideas to limit the mods on their cars.....LIES...ALL LIES but seriously, if you do one thing it will be hard to stop...the POWRRR is addictive hehe

Quote Originally Posted by diggidydogg View Post
    Hi all, just purchased a stock 2007 Mazda 3 MPS (aurora blue)... Absolutely loving it so far!

I'm not going to too crazy on the mods... Ordered myself a d5151 stereo, might look at some suspension, new intake and a re-flash. The more I read though, the more ideas I get...

It's due for its 60k service shortly so if anyone can recommend somewhere good in Canberra that would be great.

Cheers!
    Hi and welcome, the 2 Good workshops in canberra are Ultimate Tunes in Phillip not only do they own a MPS they have vast tuning experience with ECUTEC tuning software and MPS rebuilds @Hama3 getting car rebuilt as we speak or Dynotune in belco , @Jimbo cousin.
    Last edited by chef; 02-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

I'll 2nd what @chef said...got my 50,000km service done yesterday at Ultimate Tunes with no complaints.

Have used Dynotune before aswell (mainly with my mum and brothers cars) but service and workmanship is top notch there too.

May as well chime in here, the Lads @ Ulitmate are very objective & will not push you into purchasing any particular product. They'll give you the pros n cons and then you are able to makeyour own decision.

I'm having my motor rebuilt by these guys, aside from other bits n pieces. I spoke with Christian yesterday n said he was trying to get time to jump on the forum more often. Quite busy @ present.........

Welcome @diggidydogg

I agree with @SarcasticOne another Canberra meet soon will be good. As far as getting your mods and servicing goes I would also recommend DynoTune Belco, they are putting in some gauges that I bought at the moment and so far so good from what I've heard. also my cousin. Haven't heard much personally about Ultimate but from what the dudes have said on the site they sound good.
    | 2005 MPS 6 | BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM DAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | stratified tuned 220kw |

hi and welcome

10. Default

Hi!

Just curious, did you buy your MPS from NSW?

I think I saw that one on carsales haha.

Either way good colour choice! Is there any major work scheduled for the 60k?

Cheers

11. Default

Thanks for the welcome and advice! I might hitup Ultimate tunes in Phillip seeing as I'm close by.
    Is the 60k service a big one?

Jay - I did get the car from NSW. I was looking for a stocky with low K's and this one fit the bill. Was actually looking for a red 2008 model but there wasn't much around unless I went all the way to Melbs...

12. Default

Hahaha! I just bought the red one! It was in really good condition so I couldn't pass it up. I think we got the best 2 on offer!

Congrats again! I'll post some pictures when I pick it up on Tuesday.