User Tag List

Thread: BL MPS on stands - how long can it sit?

Default BL MPS on stands - how long can it sit?

Hi guys,

I'm going to head down to Repco tomorrow to pick up a hydraulic jack and four jack stands. I'm thinking of taking my wheels in to get sprayed if I can't get a set for a good price.

I'm planning on sliding the jack under the centre line of the car and using the jacking points in the front and rear to lift the car and just sliding the 4 jack stands under the reinforced rail where you position the emergency jack.

How long would you leave the car up on stands, using the jack stands with the emergency jack points? I'm trying to figure out if I'll mangle the rails or cause other damage if the car is left there for a week or longer.

It will be fine! I will prob have mine on stands for a week or 2 very soon. I use 3 stands, 2 on front jacking points and 1 under centre of the rear.

Jack the car up where the rear motor mount bolts to the chassis, that is a strong point, of sorts for the front. At the rear the centre suspension plate is fine for the 3, or the diff for the 6.

As for where to put the stands, do not use the jack points on the sills. Best place is under the rear lower control arm bushing on the front, and the rear lower suspension arm inner bushings for the rear end.

Should be fine like that for a good long while.

Mine's up now for its stay till Dp gets to me. I have 2 jacks under front swing arm mounting points as @LittleredMPS said, 2 stands under jacking points. One stand under rear centre of swing arms. As my concrete shed has a lay to the front and car can move forward I tied it to stay by the rear toe hitches in the shed so it cant move forward
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Thanks guys. RedDjinn, could you post a pic when you get a chance? I think I know where you are talking about but would like to confirm.