User Tag List

Thread: Anyone have an AP and ultragauge to compare boost

Default Anyone have an AP and ultragauge to compare boost

Wondering if anyone has an AP and and ultragauge to see if the ultragauge boost readings are off. i put the 3 inch intake and took it to Tunehouse for a retune, Jim said it increased boost and had some knock and turned the boost down...now the odd thing is the ultragauge is showing 21.8 in 4th and 23.5 in 5th, it's not just a spike it's holding it up to 6000rpm, i have the stock turbo, EBC and MAP sensor which i thought wouldnt give a reading that high. I have no way of logging.

I'm confused before i took it for the retune with the corksport intake 4th was just sitting on 20lb and 5th on 22lb till 6000rpm, yet the boost was suppose to have been turned down with the new tune but now it reads higher via ultragauge.

Another weird thing it lost power, 210kw/434nm down to 203kw/430nm, i can feel it under the foot as well it doeasnt spool and hit as instant as it did with the corksport intake but general driving feels smoother.

I;m driving it like a granny at the moment waiting for the BNRs3 and cobb EBC to be ordered.

Just wondering if the ultragauge is giving me dud boost numbers.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Really difficult to say without a log mate - but generally a larger intake will be able to intake more air/min and will increase load/per lb boost and provide more power and torque however , the boost should not change by that much.
    both the ultragauge and the AP will have identical readouts since they are both reading from the stock MAP sensor, only way that would change is if someone has fiddled around with the MAP offset values (which is unlikely)

either way i would recommend a logging device such as a dashhawk or prefferably even a Cobb AP that way you can custom etune it to perfection and log whenever you want for closure on appropriate running operation

That a lot of boost at redline me thinks ,

poor little snail is getting a workout

2 things that scream something isn't reading right

The MAP sensor isn't capable of reading 23.4 psi

The turbo is barely capable of 18psi at 6000rpm

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    2 things that scream something isn't reading right

The MAP sensor isn't capable of reading 23.4 psi

The turbo is barely capable of 18psi at 6000rpm
    I was also thinking the same thing - with WGDC @ 100 across the table the K04 doesnt make more than 18PSI at redline...

Why dont you run a log with the AP or use the live monitor function?

The ultraguage is just reading the PIDs from the ECU - there isnt any black magic in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Why dont you run a log with the AP or use the live monitor function?

The ultraguage is just reading the PIDs from the ECU - there isnt any black magic in between.
    It's Ecuteck tuned which won't let the AP even communicate, Tune House did the MAF cal and said he had to retune it to lower the boost.
    The confusing bit is i doubt Jim would let it off the dyno if Ecuteck was showing higher boost to what it was before he retuned it right after he said he lowered the boost.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola