User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First 2010 Mazda MPS3 hits Australian Shores!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunglist View Post
    hmmmm a hatch for over 60k. venturing into the unknown lol

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

hey does anyone know? the latest fast and furious movie. is that an sti they are driving?

yep

Those tyres are gonna rub

Blog Entries

The last page an half has been about the STI...there's a thread over in 'Other Manufacturers' about the 2009 WRX's....

im just wondering how many people are going to buy the new MPS. i think alot more younger people will because of the bonnet scoop. the poor MPS looks is sleeper no more. we're all gonna be out in the open and it wont be as rare anymore i think.

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    The last page an half has been about the STI...there's a thread over in 'Other Manufacturers' about the 2009 WRX's....

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    im just wondering how many people are going to buy the new MPS. i think alot more younger people will because of the bonnet scoop. the poor MPS looks is sleeper no more. we're all gonna be out in the open and it wont be as rare anymore i think.
    I agree, and that can only mean one thing... more mps's = more younger inexperienced drivers = more accidents = higher insurance premiums...
    Last edited by mpsJOE; 24-05-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    I agree, and that can only mean one thing... more mps's = more younger inexperienced drivers = more accidents = higher insurance premiums...
    But more modifications available.....
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

8. Default

Well, i saw 2 new black Maz 3's on the road yesterday on Old Cleveland road, and I puked at both of them. The hatch looks like its lowered the head height for passengers too?? The flared front guards look all wrong from behind too.. The sedan looked like a Mazd 6 from behind as I over took it. I must say, if I was going to get one, I'd be getting an SP25 in the sedan. The hatch is all messed up from all angles.

BTW, I think Mazda is going to have an over supply of every other colour - other than black in the new MPS. Black is the only colour that looks any good with that front..

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    But more modifications available.....
    Mods? I think the range of mods for the MPS are quite limited (especially in Australia), and it will probably take 2 years like the last one, for any decent mods to come out for the new 2010 model. The one piece dash is also a bugger - no tripple gauges....

BTW, I think anyone buying turbo charged cars under the age of 30 is going to be slugged with hefty insurance premiums. For the Record, @ 34 yrs old, Rating 1 for life, 60%NCB, my insurance with AAMI for the MPS was $533. Funnily enough, changing over to the Sti Spec R, was only $720 fully optioned (compared to bingle.com.au $1300, QBE $1730, NRMA $980), and with full replacement if the car is written off in the first 12 months of ownership. It helps that I have our house and wife's car insured with AAMI So, I think I'll sticking with AAMI for the Sti

Stop sticking fingers in your mouth Wardski, that should stop all the puking!

Blog Entries

Don't scoff at the one piece dash and unable to modify things...I still remember the first days of the Maz 3 (mine is a 2005 model) and back then they said it would be impossible to fit an aftermarket H/U or Gauges to it

I agree with Rowan, the more cars in the market, the more parts for them, look at cars like Lancers and Commodores and Falcons ect...

I still stand by my first comment of looks nice and clean, even in silver (might even sway my colour decision) but I would love to have a test drive first.
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Don't scoff at the one piece dash and unable to modify things...I still remember the first days of the Maz 3 (mine is a 2005 model) and back then they said it would be impossible to fit an aftermarket H/U or Gauges to it

I agree with Rowan, the more cars in the market, the more parts for them, look at cars like Lancers and Commodores and Falcons ect...I still stand by my first comment of looks nice and clean, even in silver (might even sway my colour decision) but I would love to have a test drive first.

So you want to drive around in a car that every other dickhead drives????

I think i might just go buy a secondhand exel...*dreams of all the mods i could buy for her*

Blog Entries

If I want a "unique" car I would go buy something that was released for a limited number or import direct from somewhere else in the world...

I think some people are forgetting that it is a Mazda not a 1967 Mustang Fastback (just an example)

If I want a "unique" car I would go buy something that was released for a limited number or import direct from somewhere else in the world...

I think some people are forgetting that it is a Mazda not a 1967 Mustang Fastback (just an example)

Hey hey just because you're used to seeing a million base model 3's.....until you own an MPS you dont understand where im coming from....I got mine when they first came out..so the only time i really saw another one was on cruises that in my opinion is what makes a car 'UNIQUE'....and the 'UNIQUE' tag can be put on any car at some time or another.....

Blog Entries

I got my Maz 3 in 05, they first came out in 04 so I know what its like, you just wait 3-4 years and see if you notice a few more MPS's on the road, of course I'm not implying that there will be the same volume (the price different will make sure of that) but you look at any car of that price range after a few years, more come out, more people want the car, word of mouth gets around how good they are...

I just don't want people to get all high and mighty and think there car is something its not, they way your talking about it makes me think you drive a Ferrari or Lambo
    Not Gone...just "busy"

15. Default

The MPS6 is still unique not many of them on the road and thats never going to change

I got my Maz 3 in 05, they first came out in 04 so I know what its like, you just wait 3-4 years and see if you notice a few more MPS's on the road, of course I'm not implying that there will be the same volume (the price different will make sure of that) but you look at any car of that price range after a few years, more come out, more people want the car, word of mouth gets around how good they are...

I just don't want people to get all high and mighty and think there car is something its not, they way your talking about it makes me think you drive a Ferrari or Lambo

And could your 05 bought maz3 shock the shit out of a V8 at a set of traffic lights...and have them stop you at the next lights and ask "???!!!" I think not.....Im talking about the WOW factor of a sleeper...you try to make yours look faster/better and UNIQUE by all your mods....dont you?? Why??? Too be different!!!!!!

With this new one with the scoop the sleeper image is gone

*edit* But in saying that it doesnt rule me out of buying one.....as im a sucker for the new car smell
    Last edited by MISSMPS; 25-05-2009 at 09:56 AM.

17. Default

After having spent yesterday driving behind the new SP25 for a couple of hours on our cruise, it goes well looks nice the more and more I see it in the flesh, the interior is really nice and the indash display is great, really makes my car feel old and wish I had a new car again. The sp25 went really well on the twisty roads, was the first time he had driven these roads and he gave a good go at sticking close to Lynchy with me trailing and watching with interest.

I personally cant wait to see the new MPS3 and thnk it will be damn fine looking and really well equipped
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    And could your 05 bought maz3 shock the shit out of a V8 at a set of traffic lights...and have them stop you at the next lights and ask "???!!!" I think not.....Im talking about the WOW factor of a sleeper...you try to make yours look faster/better and UNIQUE by all your mods....dont you?? Why??? Too be different!!!!!!

With this new one with the scoop the sleeper image is gone

*edit* But in saying that it doesnt rule me out of buying one.....as im a sucker for the new car smell
    I think I'm going to leave this before it turns into a full blown argument I'm very stubborn on Mondays!

But I do agree, I mod my car to be unique (what other Mazda in Australia let alone the world has a custom mounted Sony PSP in the dash and is hooked up to the stereo) and I do admit the MPS's sleeper image will be lost by this new model but no use being unique if nobody knows what your car is
    Not Gone...just "busy"

19. Default

I'd love to see you fit those you beaut CP-E tripple gauges to it.. Fking impossible! You would have to replace the entire dash on the 2010 MPS to get the same result.... Hmmm expensive!
    Last edited by Wardski; 25-05-2009 at 10:19 AM.

I think I'm going to leave this before it turns into a full blown argument I'm very stubborn on Mondays!

But I do agree, I mod my car to be unique (what other Mazda in Australia let alone the world has a custom mounted Sony PSP in the dash and is hooked up to the stereo) and I do admit the MPS's sleeper image will be lost by this new model but no use being unique if nobody knows what your car is

I win

Actually i gotta go to work...Otherwise it'd be onnnn with you and me Adz.....You aint seen stubborn yet

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast