User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL new Cobb AP V.3

Essentially you are selling your ap for 325. Would you not get more selling here? (as long as you have the cash to buy v3 while you still have v2)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Have asked if they include a packaging slip to send back from Australia...
    "5. Use the return shipping label included with your V3 to send the V2 back to us."

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Noob question: Are the reading from the ecu even that accurate to rely on it??

Default The REAL new Cobb AP V.3

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    "5. Use the return shipping label included with your V3 to send the V2 back to us."
    Not sure that includes us here in AUS. Would be nice, but my guess is us having to shell out for the postage from here

I'm sure within the US, Cobb would be happy to pay

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Noob question: Are the reading from the ecu even that accurate to rely on it??
    Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I just ordered mine. Roughly 2 weeks wait. I would probably trade mine in worst case scenario or I could sell mine roughly the same price to someone

Got rice bitch?!?

Just an FYI

If you have a custom tune/map from a pro-tuner, these maps are locked to the serial number of your AP
    @Alex Stratified has said according to COBB they will offer a method for porting the maps over from one serial number to another. His recommendation is to wait for the V3 to come in before getting rid of the V2 to make sure all is well

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Just an FYI

If you have a custom tune/map from a pro-tuner, these maps are locked to the serial number of your AP
    @Alex Stratified has said according to COBB they will offer a method for porting the maps over from one serial number to another. His recommendation is to wait for the V3 to come in before getting rid of the V2 to make sure all is well

Peter "SLIXX"
    That what I wanted to know, thanks bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

I'm looking to sell my v2 as well, but am awaiting a confirmation from Cobb if I can do this

Peter "SLIXX"

This is in regards to people that have a custom tune from a Pro-Tuner ie @Alex Stratified; @richierichness
    It seems to be the case at the moment that the Cobb AccessTuner Pro Software locks the map created to the customers particular Cobb AP serial number. This does not allow you to edit or copy the map to another Cobb AP. If you are upgrading to a Cobb AP v3, the map needs to be ported to the new AP. At this stage it is not that easy to port this over to a new number

@Alex Stratified is awaiting an easier solution from Cobb but in the meantime is helping with a interim resolution

Porting-Maps-for-the-AP-V3
    http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...d.php?t=151066

To all future and current customers, it is important to know that if you are upgrading to the V3 AP (or any other AP) your maps need to be re-saved for the new serial number. [/B]

This can cause a hassle and we are offering a simple way to make the switch. Here are the details:

1. If you are tuning with us while you make the AP switch, your map will be automatically ported over free of charge. This includes full tunes and top up tunes.

2. If you have tuned with us before, we will re-save your map for the new AP for a fee of $20. HOWEVER, there is a good catch here. For that fee, we will also inspect one set of logs and will give you feedback if there are tuning improvements to be had. No changes will be made to the map, this is a check-up. If you choose to buy any tunes as a result (such as a Top Up Tune or Full Tune), 100% of that $20 fee goes as credit towards the cost of the tune.

3. We are offering the AP and tune combo here. We are also going to shortly list the AP V3 on our site as a standalone. If you purchase the AP from us, we will re-save your map and check one set of your logs free of charge.

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 24-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Currently RaydTuned

His ap and tune combo is for us and Canada though. I'm assuming it's just more for postage here?
    If the tuning time didn't have to start asap I'd jump on that!

His ap and tune combo is for us and Canada though. I'm assuming it's just more for postage here?
    Well yes, he will provide a quote if buying the AP through him

If the tuning time didn't have to start asap I'd jump on that!
    Not too sure what you mean. My 30days started after I gave him my MAF Cal logs @Alex Stratified is a reasonable guy and i don't think he'll start the clock, before you even have you AP in your hands!!

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Not too sure what you mean. My 30days started after I gave him my MAF Cal logs @Alex Stratified is a reasonable guy and i don't think he'll start the clock, before you even have you AP in your hands!!
    "For those of you that sign up, the tuning time starts once you receive the AP which will ship after Aug 1st."

I'm meaning I don't want to start tuning right away but don't mind paying for it now with a deal like this. Like pre-pay and then use in a couple months when mods are on and I'm ready. I'll shoot him a pm and see what he says about it.

Especially after reading your experience I won't hesitate to go to him for tuning

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

"For those of you that sign up, the tuning time starts once you receive the AP which will ship after Aug 1st."

I'm meaning I don't want to start tuning right away but don't mind paying for it now with a deal like this. Like pre-pay and then use in a couple months when mods are on and I'm ready. I'll shoot him a pm and see what he says about it.
    Yeah I got that, hence why i wrote "@Alex Stratified is a reasonable guy"
    I would just email him and tell him when you plan to be ready for your tune

He'll fit you in

Currently RaydTuned

Official response from Cobb Tuning to my questions

I am writing to confirm that the Trade-in deal still applies to us here in AUS and you will provide postage back to the US??

The trade-in program will be available for all International customers with one exception; we will NOT be including a return service label for those orders. You will be required to pay return shipping of your Accessport yourself, along with any customs duties/taxes.

I also have had a custom locked tune from Stratified Auto. How do I port his maps to the new v3...??

Your V3 will be able to flash custom maps from your tuner and the conversion will depend on the type of map. If the map is an ATR map, you'll simply need to open the map in a new version of ATR that is linked to your new V3 Accessport serial number and then resave the map. If the map is a Pro-tune map, you'll need to either have the Pro-Tuner resave the map with your new V3 Accessport for you, or we'll be offering a tool for customers to perform this change themselves once the V3 is officially shipping after August 1st.
    Last edited by slixx; 25-07-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Currently RaydTuned

Yeah, I'm just going to sell my V2 locally rather than trading in.
    Grabbing a V3 off @EdgeAutosport.com (send them a pm, they do you a good deal!)

Edited my last post as it didn't appear properly in tapatalk

Peter "SLIXX"

Not a super great video but relevant none the less

... or they could make it switch on with the ignition. goddamn cobb

I love how they get it out of the case and the chord just attaches itself for them to just put it in the holder

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast