User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member - 2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Quote Originally Posted by RockDr View Post
    Cheers guys. I rang Bridgestone for a price on those Oz racing wheels and they quoted me $695 per wheel minus rubber, so that's not that much more than getting them from tirerack. I then rang Mazda for a price for the new mps black wheels and they quoted me $814 per wheel minus rubber!!!!!!!!!
    I was kinda stupid to even waste my time, but when I was looking for RX8 rims I called Mazda. $817 per wheel to Perth.

I scored a set for $300 + $150 for paint. Winning!!
    For cheap wheels check OZMPS, EBAY, Gumtree, everywhere for 2nd hand sets.

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
    Rotas break on the track apparently... Or crack or whatever
    i haven't seen it and to be honest I don't think they would crack with the power Mps puts out
    maybe carrying a 500hp skyline gtr or Evo that zips around corners like a fly...
    But for the Mps I think rotas are just fine
    A few WRX guys in Perth running 400WHP+ or Rotas.

One of them has a GC8 Hatch with over 500WHP and he hits the track every possible occasion. Wouldn't worry about cracking or failure while driving.
    Like any rim if you hit something hard enough it's going to fail.

My dads Caprice had OEM Holden alloys, got cut off but a blonde-bimbo and he had to swurve to miss hitting her and another car... long story short spilt the passenger side rims into 2 peices. Another family friend had the same thing with a EVO8MR on VOLKS... same thing, crack and dent.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 21-07-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    I was kinda stupid to even waste my time, but when I was looking for RX8 rims I called Mazda. $817 per wheel to Perth.

I scored a set for $300 + $150 for paint. Winning!!
    For cheap wheels check OZMPS, EBAY, Gumtree, everywhere for 2nd hand sets.

A few WRX guys in Perth running 400WHP+ or Rotas.

One of them has a GC8 Hatch with over 500WHP and he hits the track every possible occasion. Wouldn't worry about cracking or failure while driving.
    Like any rim if you hit something hard enough it's going to fail.

My dads Caprice had OEM Holden alloys, got cut off but a blonde-bimbo and he had to swurve to miss hitting her and another car... long story short spilt the passenger side rims into 2 peices. Another family friend had the same thing with a EVO8MR on VOLKS... same thing, crack and dent.
    Thats it it's not necessarily the wheels fault :P
    for that style though I would go rota g-force
    they're pretty much identical to the ones you wanted!
    i think option 1 garage has them !

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
    Thats it it's not necessarily the wheels fault :P
    I know, but what I am saying is that all wheels WILL fail under certain circumstances whether on the road or track.

ROTA got a bad rap from the first batch they made, but have come so far from their early days.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

The Rota G Force are a sweet looking wheel.

They are made in the Philippines aren't they?

Those widths (8.5 inch) and offsets (38) means the wheel sticks out an additional 27 mm.

Would this scrub?

Ok, dropped car off at Brisbane Tuning and Turbo for its 18 month service this morning. Its only a 15 minute walk from my office so thats convenient.

Once thats out of the way then I can look at wheels.

The Rota G Force are a sweet looking wheel.

They are made in the Philippines aren't they?

Those widths (8.5 inch) and offsets (38) means the wheel sticks out an additional 27 mm.

Would this scrub?
    They do stick out a lil bit but it looks mad lol

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they'd scrub

Should be able to ask the place you want to buy them from
    plus it will depend on tyres?

Please come along to the coffee catch up on Sunday. You too @sinsin

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Apologies Yeldarb, I can't make it on Sunday.

So back to wheels, I worked out I could get the Oz Racing ones landed at my door for around $700 each with tyres, when local prices are $700 each without tyres.

Placed the order on Tire Rack and then they send me an email saying they are not allowed to export Oz Racing wheels to Australia. This conflicts with an earlier email I got from them. Maybe the guy was asleep on the job.

Damnit, so I have asked them about Enkei's. Dunno whether I'll get them from Tire Rack as I have seen some good prices for Enkei's locally. Perhaps with tyres it might be worth it from Tire Rack but I'll need to do the numbers.

There is a set of new Gen II MPS wheels with tyres for $2k on Ebay which I am thinking about.....get them couriered up to Brisbane and then off to Depulu wheels for a colour change.
    Last edited by Brissy_MPS3; 26-07-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Don't pay that much for MPS wheels. They got for about $800-900 without rubber second hand.

Put an Expression of Interest out there to see if anyone will part.

See you on the next meet mate.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Yeah I'll wait until I can post in the for sale section.

$800-$900 second hand + decent tyres (~$250 each?) is close to $2k.

Ok, dropped car off at Brisbane Tuning and Turbo for its 18 month service this morning. Its only a 15 minute walk from my office so thats convenient.

Once thats out of the way then I can look at wheels.
    Hmmm we must work close by! I'm about a 10-15min walk from there to my work as well :P ...How did you find Rob and Westy...service and value is pretty good from my experience.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

I work on Ipswich Rd, not far from Buranda Centro so its a quick walk down to Balaclava St.

I found them pretty good - they went over the car and gave it a clean bill of health and told me what to watch out for and keep an eye on.

Very good price for minor servicing as well, compared to Mazda!

I'm going to try and get some pics of the stock standard MPS this weekend if the weather is decent.

Never got any pics, weather turned crappy the second I walked outside to wash the car.

Gen II MPS wheels are 200 pounds each from the UK. Somehow Mazda thinks its ok to charge over $800 each for the same product!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12