User Tag List

Thread: Work Emotion XD9

Default Work Emotion XD9

hey guys a mate of mine is selling his wheels he had on his s2000...not sure if they would fit on mine..mps3.
    they are 5x114 and the fronts are 18x8 +45 ... and rear 18x9 +43

heres a couple of pics of them
    What you guys think?? and would they fit or not? and i'll have to roll the guards alot yea?
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Usually it's not advisable to use wheels from a RWD to put on a FWD as the offsets are different.

Offsets are about right, you'll probably want to put the 18x9s on the front though seeing you have FWD.

the +43 should be ok, really depends on the spokes.

im running +42 all round and dont have any fitment issues (18x7.5)

can only test fit them to really find out

test fit, and picsorban :P

Blog Entries

At 9 inches wide, the +43 rears are going to have rubbing issues and may protrude far enough from the wheel-wells that you will need not just to roll the guards, but to flare them, fitted to front or rear.

Sorry, but I'd place a confident bet that the rears will not work legally.

Most 8" wide fitments at offsets lower than +48 will rub. At 9" wide you have at least an extra 13mm of outward displacement of the bead and sidewall to avoid the guard rubbing with.

The spokes will have no bearing whatsoever on whether these will rub, but in some cases you will see wheel designs where the spokes foul the brake calipers. The wider the rim fitment and lower the offset the less likely this is to be the case. Spokes aren't likely to be an issue - rubbing and fouling the guards is certainly going to be the problem. These will protrude enough to not just rub, but actually bend or crease your guards if no precautions are taken.

ohh thanks heaps guys for all the info..might give these a miss then if thats the case nexus..to much hassle just to fit the rims and if i ever want to change them again it'll look silly since they have been flared and stuff