User Tag List

Thread: Bilstein vs Koni with Kings

Default Bilstein vs Koni with Kings

hey guys i know this has been done to death but had a few questions...
    basically looking for a nice firm shock to go with the King springs i just installed.

It looks like im tossing up between
    Bilstein
    Bilstein HD Series Shocks for Mazda 6 and Mazdaspeed 6 (complete set) #24-102568/75/82 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

or
    Koni
    Koni FSD Shocks for Mazda 6 / Mazdaspeed 6 (complete set) #2100-4052 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

now i actually prefer a harder ride and wondering which is firmer??

also are these direct replacements not like the koni yellows which you need to drill out and cut etc???

and thirdly are these bilsteins b8's or b6's or what?? and i dont know the difference anyway

PS i attached a photo with how its sitting with the springs. note photo is taken only a couple hours after install so probaby not fully set yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mps.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	14592  

Bilstein b8s

Are those ones that are listed b8s?? Or something else??

if you'd done a google search on the part numbers provided, you'd have found out they were B6's

Bilstein is both firmer, and a better alround shock.

B6 suits oem height fitment only, B8 suits lowering applications.

6. Default

B8s for lowering springs

Also putting lowered springs on stock shocks is pretty much going to blow them out fairly quickly just quietly.

Also B8s are awesome

Looks like b8s are the go! Anyone have a tip on a good site to get em from??

Quote Originally Posted by Raif12 View Post
    Looks like b8s are the go! Anyone have a tip on a good site to get em from??
    GSL rally sports which are a vendor on this site i rang to order mine they were delivered next business day, not sure what an MPS6 rides like stock but on a MPS3 the b8s with king springs are way firmer but less harsh than stock.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    GSL rally sports which are a vendor on this site i rang to order mine they were delivered next business day, not sure what an MPS6 rides like stock but on a MPS3 the b8s with king springs are way firmer but less harsh than stock.
    While I cant call them and im looking around what price did they quote you??

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Raif12 View Post
    While I cant call them and im looking around what price did they quote you??
    I ordered the king springs and B8s at the same time from them was around $1200 all up
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

youch i got my springs for 300 so 900 for shocks.....thats gonna hurt the pocket haha

I have had both koni and bilsteins. Cut the story short............... I wont by konis again, they lack control.

I ran King springs on OEM shocks for 2 years before finally upgrading to B8's.

Much more firm compared to stock and a comfortable ride all round.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks ! I was wondering what to replace the worn out stock gear with the Bilsteins seem to be the go for super girls mps. Just saw the price of them wow she will be making my lunch and washing my clothes for a while. may even try and get the lawen done while i'm at it.

Got a full set of Bilstein B14s Coilovers...supplied, installed and aligned for $2230. Love the way the car feels now, corners...what corners. Thanks tunehouse

Sent from myHTC One using Tapatalk4

Hello OzCJ,

I was wondering what you think of the Bilstein's after a bit of time on the car? A long term perspective so to speak?