User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me out here gents!!

Default Help me out here gents!!

Hey guys,
    How everyone doing?? Got some questions for you so bear with me

• Whilst changing gears, I can hear a little thud from the engine bay. I am assuming it’s the wheel hop everyone talks about so RMM or TMM should fix it?
    • I am contemplating whether I should go to a Mazda dealer or other mechanic shop such as Tunehouse, Autotech Granville. There are little annoying rattles coming from door, windows, tachometer and hatchback. Can someone please suggest
    • Certain members of public do not like what I do for living therefore my beautiful red MPS became a victim of a malicious damage. The whole Driver side was keyed using a screwdriver. Also someone attempted to take the front plates. Whilst doing that, they have cracked the front bumper. Can somebody recommend me a good repair shop? I am with AAMI and thinking of going through insurance.
    • Also I lately noticed that the car shutters/hesitates whilst accelerating from 2K to about 3K rpm. Any thoughts??

Looks like the whole tax refund will be going towards the car

Thanks
    Gurusev

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    Hey guys,
    How everyone doing?? Got some questions for you so bear with me

• Whilst changing gears, I can hear a little thud from the engine bay. I am assuming it’s the wheel hop everyone talks about so RMM or TMM should fix it?
    • I am contemplating whether I should go to a Mazda dealer or other mechanic shop such as Tunehouse, Autotech Granville. There are little annoying rattles coming from door, windows, tachometer and hatchback. Can someone please suggest
    • Certain members of public do not like what I do for living therefore my beautiful red MPS became a victim of a malicious damage. The whole Driver side was keyed using a screwdriver. Also someone attempted to take the front plates. Whilst doing that, they have cracked the front bumper. Can somebody recommend me a good repair shop? I am with AAMI and thinking of going through insurance.
    • Also I lately noticed that the car shutters/hesitates whilst accelerating from 2K to about 3K rpm. Any thoughts??

Looks like the whole tax refund will be going towards the car

Thanks
    Gurusev
    RMM
    Tom Kerr Mazda for rattles, or @Reedy and @Jamesa2z went somewhere and got them fixed
    premier panel beating at green acre do a great job, looked after myself and a few other members
    guessing either spark plugs or fuel pump...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

take your boot tray thing off and see if the rear creeking stops
    hesitating could be spark plugs needing to be regapped or something ...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    RMM
    Tom Kerr Mazda for rattles, or @Reedy and @Jamesa2z went somewhere and got them fixed
    premier panel beating at green acre do a great job, looked after myself and a few other members
    thanks mate, Yeah thats what i was thinking as well. May take the car to Tom kerr as I only heard good things about them.
    Does anyone has insurance with AAMI?? I dont know how they work but I am assuming I can pick my choice of the panel beater.

I got AP on its way, may be do some logs before changing plugs and internals

For the rattles, I'd say a Mazda dealer are probably your best bet for any noise coming from the interior - especially if you are under warranty.

Even if you are out of warranty, a dealership may be the best place, as paying premium prices at ~$100 per hour for Tunehouse or Autotech to diagnose rattles could add up quite quickly.

I have tried that aswell but it feels like the rattles are from coming the doors or the rear bottom of the vehicle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    For the rattles, I'd say a Mazda dealer are probably your best bet for any noise coming from the interior - especially if you are under warranty.

Even if you are out of warranty, a dealership may be the best place, as paying premium prices at ~$100 per hour for Tunehouse or Autotech to diagnose rattles could add up quite quickly.
    Yeah I am out of warranty I got my car serviced from tunehouse and I loved it however given the fact they are performance focused shop, I doubt a little rattle would matter that much to them.

Yeah I am out of warranty I got my car serviced from tunehouse and I loved it however given the fact they are performance focused shop, I doubt a little rattle would matter that much to them.
    They are performance focused, but they will definitely go over the car for you and check for rattles if that's what you want them to do. I've got my car booked in with them this Thursday and I've already spoken to them about looking into an unsettling rattle coming from the engine bay. Tony said to just point it out to them and they will take a look.

For my interior rattles, I took it back to Mazda as I figured they'd be the best placed to find rattles in their own cars. However, I am still covered under warranty - so they can spend as long as they want on them!

Does anyone has insurance with AAMI?? I dont know how they work but I am assuming I can pick my choice of the panel beater.
    Ask for a driveway assessment by AAMI and they will book an appointing for you to go down to get it assessed

You will have to nominate and get 2 quotes b4 you go in, pick your preferred repairer (whether they are AAMI approved or not) and the most expensive AAMI approved repairer you know of.

Get your quotes from
    Them and they both will send their quotes to AAMI and when you get your assessment done by AAMI, they'll usually pick ur guy

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Ask for a driveway assessment by AAMI and they will book an appointing for you to go down to get it assessed

You will have to nominate and get 2 quotes b4 you go in, pick your preferred repairer (whether they are AAMI approved or not) and the most expensive AAMI approved repairer you know of.

Get your quotes from
    Them and they both will send their quotes to AAMI and when you get your assessment done by AAMI, they'll usually pick ur guy

Peter "SLIXX"
    Thanks Peter for info.. Now who can recommend me a great panel beater around bankstown / Liverpool area..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

11. Default

Still pissed off about the car getting mal damaged.. Gonna smash these pricks if I see them.

Thanks Peter for info.. Now who can recommend me a great panel beater around bankstown / Liverpool area..

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    RMM
    Already provided.

Pull the plug off and clean the contacts on your Fuel Pressure Sensor as it will prob solve your hesitation issues, do the spring stretch on your coil packs too.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Pull the plug off and clean the contacts on your Fuel Pressure Sensor as it will prob solve your hesitation issues, do the spring stretch on your coil packs too.
    Cheers for that. I'll try that.
    In relation to springs, I'm thinking of bilstein b12 pro kit. Has anyone got those??

15. Question Panel beating

Hey,
    Try Y&F smash in condell park. Top blokes and they'll look after you well. Tell them I referred you and they'll give you a good deal. They're registered for insurance repairs too.

Unfortunately spring stretch does SFA, has been tested with solid copper rods makes no difference lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

17. Default

Thanks gents for the kind help. Going to get my car assessed next month by AAMI..

I just bought Bilstein B14 coilovers for my MPS by mistake. I was just checking out the total prices by adding items in the basket however I paid for them by mistake. Oh well

18. Default

I own B12's, a great option for lowering ride height whilst maintaining close to stock comfort. B14's might be a little more full-on but best of luck!

As for hesitation, just as you come onto boost, sounds like my problem, a failing fuel pressure pump. Basically starving the engine of fuel under highest load.

Rattle down low and back, if it's more of a clunk, often rear shock setup can be a bit loose. If the bolts aren't tightened to the n-th degree or the bushes are worn you'll get clunk-sounding rattles in the back.
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    I own B12's, a great option for lowering ride height whilst maintaining close to stock comfort. B14's might be a little more full-on but best of luck!

As for hesitation, just as you come onto boost, sounds like my problem, a failing fuel pressure pump. Basically starving the engine of fuel under highest load.

Rattle down low and back, if it's more of a clunk, often rear shock setup can be a bit loose. If the bolts aren't tightened to the n-th degree or the bushes are worn you'll get clunk-sounding rattles in the back.
    Thanks mate, I think you hit the nail on the head.. The vehicle is alright when I drive out of boost but whenever I put my foot down it struggles.

I'm thinking of getting ap internals, do you reckon that would fix it.. Obviously it's hard to tell over a forum.

I heard good things about b12 and that's what I was after initially however bilstein Germany don't support them for gen2. Also they were only $150 more than b12. I paid $1069 for them FYI..

20. Default

B12's are a combination shock and spring. Bilstein shock and Eibach spring. Winning combination! Alas, I have a Gen 1 and ordered from Germany. I've been told that King Springs are basically re-branded Eibach (find it hard to believe) but people are happy with either.

As for the cutting of boost, do you find if you keep your foot down your car goes into preservation mode, ie. no rpm over 2k, no increase in speed, only able to reduce speed/throttle? If so, sounds just like a failed fuel pump. I had mine replaced with genuine part but only because I knew someone who worked in Mazda spares department. There are some good high-flow options out there (just search the forums) but I'm not sure of their longevity and suitability for daily driving. Just remember that it's going to be an expensive fix if replacing with new (I got discount 3 years ago at $950 ish).

Best of luck!
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast