User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me out here gents!!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    B12's are a combination shock and spring. Bilstein shock and Eibach spring. Winning combination! Alas, I have a Gen 1 and ordered from Germany. I've been told that King Springs are basically re-branded Eibach (find it hard to believe) but people are happy with either.

As for the cutting of boost, do you find if you keep your foot down your car goes into preservation mode, ie. no rpm over 2k, no increase in speed, only able to reduce speed/throttle? If so, sounds just like a failed fuel pump. I had mine replaced with genuine part but only because I knew someone who worked in Mazda spares department. There are some good high-flow options out there (just search the forums) but I'm not sure of their longevity and suitability for daily driving. Just remember that it's going to be an expensive fix if replacing with new (I got discount 3 years ago at $950 ish).

Best of luck!

Just a update on the coilovers. Just got a email back from seller stating that there is a 4 week wait on b14 for gen2. He was happy for me pick up something else or provide a refund. As seller is clearing up the stock, He can provide me a great deal on Koni FSD kit(comes with h&r springs) which are more comfortable then stock. Given the fact, I use Canterbury road for travelling to work, I am kinda leaning towards them. What you guys suggest?? or stick with b12/b14. BTW my preference is comfort and 20-30mm drop inb height..

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    Just a update on the coilovers. Just got a email back from seller stating that there is a 4 week wait on b14 for gen2. He was happy for me pick up something else or provide a refund. As seller is clearing up the stock, He can provide me a great deal on Koni FSD kit(comes with h&r springs) which are more comfortable then stock. Given the fact, I use Canterbury road for travelling to work, I am kinda leaning towards them. What you guys suggest?? or stick with b12/b14. BTW my preference is comfort and 20-30mm drop inb height..
    I've got Koni FSDs wit Eibach Springs
    That combo is firmer ride, but doesn't rattle my teeth out IMO

Got about a 30mm drop, and after I put 19" on my car, it looks even better

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I've got Koni FSDs wit Eibach Springs
    That combo is firmer ride, but doesn't rattle my teeth out IMO

Got about a 30mm drop, and after I put 19" on my car, it looks even better
    Thanks. How would you compare them with bilsteins??

Default Help me out here gents!!

Thanks. How would you compare them with bilsteins??
    Can't say out of experience, but I have been told that the Bilsteins have a further drop, but is a firmer ride again

If I was sticking with the 18" I may have wanted to go with the Bilsteins and sacrificed and bit more comfort for the look, but now happier with the 19" and the Konis

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Thanks Peter for info.. Now who can recommend me a great panel beater around bankstown / Liverpool area..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Post number 2

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

6. Default

The B12's drop the ride height of a Gen 1 to around a key width from the guard (the black part of the key) and a little bit less. I think it's a 15mm + 25mm drop with a bigger drop at the front. Only small drop wise but still great shock/spring wise.

7. Default

So if I'm after comfort then koni fsd is better option?

Default Help me out here gents!!

So if I'm after comfort then koni fsd is better option?

I can only comment on what I have heard and what I have on. I have the Konis sitting on 19" with 35profile tyre and am happy. Never have put on the Bilsteins, so can't comment personally

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I can only comment on what I have heard and what I have on. I have the Konis sitting on 19" with 35profile tyre and am happy. Never have put on the Bilsteins, so can't comment personally

Peter "SLIXX"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    The B12's drop the ride height of a Gen 1 to around a key width from the guard (the black part of the key) and a little bit less. I think it's a 15mm + 25mm drop with a bigger drop at the front. Only small drop wise but still great shock/spring wise.
    Thanks gents. but I think I am more confused now. lolll

At this stage, my options are
    - B14 (4 week wait though but better suspension then b8??)
    - B8 + eibach springs (more like b12??, not sure if can be used for gen2)
    - Koni FSD + H&R springs (More comfortable then bilstein but not sure about the quality)

I know this topic has been smashed in US but road conditions are different here and also I would like to hear from local members. As stated earlier I am after comfort and looking for about minimal drop (20-35mm)

- Koni FSD + H&R springs (More comfortable then bilstein but not sure about the quality)

I know this topic has been smashed in US but road conditions are different here and also I would like to hear from local members. As stated earlier I am after comfort and looking for about minimal drop (20-35mm)
    All I can say about the Konis is, make sure they buy a new bolt for the rears. If they try and use the OEM its just long enough to bolt in, but will end up breaking/snapping off
    The Koni fixing point is wider than the OEM and thus need a longer bolt

Currently RaydTuned

Thanks gents for the kind help. Going to get my car assessed next month by AAMI..

I just bought Bilstein B14 coilovers for my MPS by mistake. I was just checking out the total prices by adding items in the basket however I paid for them by mistake. Oh well

thats wat they all say

i thought @RedDjinn has b8+king springs?

Yes B8s and kings ...

I have Corksport springs and Bilstein B8's and they ride firm but more comfortable than stock.

14. Default

I'm a bit hesitant of buying suspension and springs separately as they haven't been tested together..

Has anyone heard of weitec coil overs?? They got a good rep on german forums and are made by Kw..

15. Default

May just get kW v1.. Gst gonna be such a pain

DGR coilovers FTW

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

17. Default

Dgr?? Never heard of em. Anyone would like to comment?.

Ymmv - made in Taiwan.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=409010

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Ymmv - made in Taiwan.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=409010

Thanks Jmac, they seem decent. I having the discussion on msf and have suggested to get koni fsd with cobb springs.

I'm trying to stay around $1000 mark and can't make up my mind whether I should buy struts/combo or coilovers.

I know I will never track the car and don't require that many adjustments however I would prefer better ride quality than stock. Decisions decisions ;-)

Personally I'd go the fsd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast