User Tag List

Thread: Changing the stock T pipe to a Y pipe

Default Changing the stock T pipe to a Y pipe

hey dudes

just want two opinions

Will replacing just the stock T pipe with a Y pipe to get a better flow and give me a little better note out of my exhaust

secondly does anyone have a rough idea how much it would be just to replace that pipe

or am i just better off doing a resonator delete on my 6 mps

That far back in the system, it won't change much for noise or power.

A res delete, will make more noise for you.

Agreed with Troy, no noise at all, I did this soon after car was out of warranty

After seeing the t piece that came out, there would be some definite freeing up of gas flow, but definitely no extra noise, my vote after doing this, would be put that $100-$150 towards an exhaust system.

Opinions have changed of late, on standard turbo good gains are had from 2nd cat back and 3' cbe. Before was the whole DP had to be changed..

Noise gains to be had if you do the Y piece and the mufflers... we have it done on our 6 MPS and it sounds great, any louder and it would drive me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Noise gains to be had if you do the Y piece and the mufflers... we have it done on our 6 MPS and it sounds great, any louder and it would drive me nuts.
    I got a good torque increase and 3/5kw extra just from rear muffler, the power increase came mid/high in the rev range
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........