User Tag List

Thread: Boost Gauge

Default Boost Gauge

Hey guys and gals!

Im looking to buy myself a Boost Gauge (dont know if im spelling right tonite!)
    Im still not sure on price and such but im wanting to get a few details known.

Im only getting one gauge for now not the 3 dont need the others yet. The place im thinking about putting it i have seen it somewhere else before is on the drivers side air vent (near window).

Im wanting to know what fitting would be like, and with the air from the vent how to block it??? If anyone knows of any other place for mounting and such let me know would be keen to know.

And if anyone knows where i can get a cheap but good gauge pleased to know im still looking around a few places for one.

Let me know your thought's and such

Peace Jebus

"Flander's : "I think we hit something"
    "Homer : "Haha hope it was stupid Flander's"

Tnw Photography
    .......... ^^^^Tnw Photography Photoshoots Clicky ^^^^..........
    Photoshoots avaliable PM for further details

Ask Jeev ok thats actually a real web site

He has or did have one mounted in that spot in his car.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

^^^ Yer i remember seeing that photo of his gauge somewhere on here but cant rememeber where it is

BEHOLD......... THE INTERNETTTTTTTTTTT !!! ECHO ECHO ECHO

no serious just check this link... everything u need...

HOW TO: Install Boost Gauge into Drivers Vent - Mazda Forums

Or you could get one like this .. sold at RPM store... allows air still to come through.. but smaller size gauge !!

now say thank you paul !! HA

I have the mearcat single pillar pod for my gauge, available here MEARCAT Auto Accessories these are really good quality fibreglass pods.

If you are after a cheap gauge, I have a second hand autometer cobalt mechanical gauge that I used for about 6 months (as seen in the above website) let me know if your interested.

Here is a pic of the pod in situ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boostgauge.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	733  

Hey guys thanks for all the help i have had a look on mpsgarage.com and found a gauge that i think im going to get...

LINK: http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ost-gauge.html

Not sure wat the difference is between this and the 3 others but for price this is the most simple one i want.

I have talked with autobarn about fitting the gauge they can fit it but with, the electrical side they wont touch it so thinking about taking it to a mechanic. But i also have a mate that can look at fititng and wireing for me.

What do you all think of the gauge good for price and simple?

"Flander's : "I think we hit something"
    "Homer : "Haha hope it was stupid Flander's"

Tnw Photography
    .......... ^^^^Tnw Photography Photoshoots Clicky ^^^^..........
    Photoshoots avaliable PM for further details

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    THAT... is mad !!

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

Quote Originally Posted by JebusMPS View Post
    Hey guys thanks for all the help i have had a look on mpsgarage.com and found a gauge that i think im going to get...

LINK: http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ost-gauge.html

Not sure wat the difference is between this and the 3 others but for price this is the most simple one i want.

I have talked with autobarn about fitting the gauge they can fit it but with, the electrical side they wont touch it so thinking about taking it to a mechanic. But i also have a mate that can look at fititng and wireing for me.

What do you all think of the gauge good for price and simple?
    This is a mechanical one, personally i would go the premium electric so the sender can stay in the engine bay (easier to fit) plus has beep and color change warnings.

http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ost-gauge.html

The prosports seem to be pretty good quality, id say go for that.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I've been reading good things about MadDad gauges. They look like Defi gauges and from what I read the quality is up there with Defi but at a cheaper price. Maybe give them a go.

[YOUTUBE]p62-_m4Rwgo[/YOUTUBE]

11. Default

I heard that you don't have to fork out for a controller unit for Defis these days. That will save some cash... I have 2 Defis linked together on my dash with the controller mounted under the steering column.