User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 1st gen Mazda 3 MPS owner

Default New 1st gen Mazda 3 MPS owner

Hey everyone, figured I'd sign up and introduce myself seeing as there is heaps of good info on here.

Bought my first Mazda 3, a 2006 MPS Sport about 2 months ago. I came from a 2005 WRX so going to FWD with more torque and just as much power took a while getting used to! Not sure if I'll get onto engine/ecu mods yet but hoping to get some new swaybars in time and seeing how it goes.

Either way really loving the MPS, much more refined than the WRX with a much nicer interior, still do miss that boxer rumble tho [flame suit on]. On the flip side it is nice having a quiet car for a change.

Hope to be able to contribute to the topics soon in the future

Piccys Mazda - a set on Flickr

Hi and Welcome

Welcome , good to c another cosmic blue.
    Any plans , mods?

Welcome Andreas! Don't panic about missing out on the "boxer rumble" a good 3in CBE with Magnaflow or UR 3in will fix this, you'll be surpised how good these things sound with the right exhaust set-up :P ...Good idea to get onto the traction & handling mods first. Once you get that sorted the sky's the limit...BTW nice choice of colour!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Andreas! Don't panic about missing out on the "boxer rumble" a good 3in CBE with Magnaflow or UR 3in will fix this, you'll be surpised how good these things sound with the right exhaust set-up :P ...Good idea to get onto the traction & handling mods first. Once you get that sorted the sky's the limit...BTW nice choice of colour!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Welcome mate, nice purchase!

Welcome !

Welcome mate n I have definitely seen you around.

Welcome mate
    Keep looking around we should have a catch up soon

Get yourself a Wallbanger courtesy of @Jmac

Peter "SLIXX"

9. Default

Welcome!

Welcome

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cheers for all of the welcomes guys. I started the rexy up yesterday (up for sale at the moment so still got it) and it felt completely different. I didn't think I'd enjoy the MPS more than the rex but I have to be honest, the only thing I miss the AWD. Mazda is way more refined, comfortable and the power is more usable with much less lag. I enjoy the boxer rumble but I have been pleasantly surprised with the exhaust note from the MPS. At the moment my only mod is an in car camera.

There is the possibility of getting an exhaust down the track but definitely sway bars to kick things off. Understeer under power can be controlled but it would be nice with a little less on the turn in so a beefy rear swaybar should help that. After that I'll be putting some ceramic pads on it to reduce the risk of any fade when in the twisties or at the track. Once I've done that I'll consider looking at a CAI for that induction noise and exhaust. Might consider a diff back section rather than the whole kit since I don't think I'll be chasing a lot of power. Bought the car with cheapo tyres which are rubbish so if a decent set of tyres makes it more secure on the road, particularly in the wet upping the HP might be on the cards.

I'm on the Monash every day and usually on Dandenong Rd since I live on it haha, and I do a fair bit of travel with work so the car is always floating around.

Look forward to catching up with some of you guys down the track. Definitely a fan of cosmic blue. It was between that or a black MPS and I liked the cosmic blue a bit more, different but a nice colour. Had to have the water pump replaced but that wasn't a big deal for me. Enjoying the car more and more every time I drive it.
    Last edited by bluey06; 14-07-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    2006 MPS Sports

Crash investigator buys an MPS...... Hopefully a positive sign :-)

Will keep an eye out for you on the road but happy to say my monash freeway park driving days are over for now!

Wont take much to get some nice rumble as Bobby mentioned. I'm sure @KFuNk has had a few exhaust variations that he can speak of, but it seems a general consensus that a DP add's a nice low down note, especially at idle, and extra few kilowatt's to boot.

Might look into a DP once I get some cash saved up and the swaybars and tyres, and possibly the intake so I can get that great induction noise. Yeah a crash investigator bought an MPS haha. The rexy didn't have curtain and side airbags so that was one of the many reasons for upgrading to the MPS. I wanted something comfy, fun with a bit of grunt, and safe (ESC, TC and as many airbags as possible). MPS ticked all of the boxes.

Welcome to the Crash Investigator. Would be interesting to hear stories from you...

Cheers

Putting it out there I'm not Police, technical role is Forensic Engineer but otherwise known as accident/crash investigator or expert witness. I do mostly Insurance based cases but also criminal and civil proceedings. I'm trained and certified in EDR downloads which you guys may be interested in, also known as vehicle black boxes. FYI the current Mazdas do have them!

Never heard of vehicles having a black box as such, very interesting! So the gen2 has one?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by bluey06 View Post
    Cheers

Putting it out there I'm not Police, technical role is Forensic Engineer but otherwise known as accident/crash investigator or expert witness. I do mostly Insurance based cases but also criminal and civil proceedings. I'm trained and certified in EDR downloads which you guys may be interested in, also known as vehicle black boxes. FYI the current Mazdas do have them!
    More information require please.....

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

They are complicated so I might make a thread in the general section of the forum.

Long story short 95% of new cars sold in Australia record data about the vehicle if a collision occurred. This can be downloaded for use in collision reconstruction, but you must be trained and certified to do so.

I'll post something up about this today.

I just posted something up in the general Mazda section for those interested. Happy reading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast