User Tag List

Thread: install of RSB on mps 6 in 1.5 hours

Default install of RSB on mps 6 in 1.5 hours

Going to install my RSB on my 6 and found this on MSF TurninConcepts - MS6 Rear Sway Bar Install in 1.5 hours - Mazdaspeed Forums

1.5 hours from start to finsh... will do it in the next two days will let ppl know if its true

Good luck is all I'm going to day about that time figure.

When I did mine, I dropped the rear cradle onto the floor, as I did diff mounts at the same time. From just eyeballing it, I think that it'd be easier to drop the frame, unless you've got access to a hoist and a six year old north korean olympic gymnast.

And to be honest, it's not a hard thing to do. Takes around two and a half hours to drop the frame, with drink and smoke breaks included.

The RSB isnt that hard, the hard part is doing new rear and front diff mounts, some of the bolt holes are very difficult to get back lined up. Just swapping a RSB in with stock diff mounts should be pretty easy, just did the whole lot myself with new diff mounts and it was a absolute PITA to do mounts. PS i didnt drop the frame, did it all on jack stands, as above its much much easier dropping the rear subframe.