User Tag List

Thread: JBR Widepath

Default JBR Widepath

Hey Guys,

Need your feedback on this.

So I've been thinking of changing my SRI, god knows what brand it is to a JBR widepath.

Any suggestions if this is a good idea and what size is recommended?

Or should I just stick to the mainstream lines like Cobb or CS?

Wide Path Full Intake Systems : James Barone Racing, Custom Fabrication

I've included the link and they seem to offer different types from big TIP to even bigger TIP's..

Anyway if anyone has had any issues with these let me know.

Would like to get everyones opinion before I just impulse buy it.

My trigger finger is raring to go..

Cheers
    There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics

id say stay with the one you have unless your upgrading to a BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    id say stay with the one you have unless your upgrading to a BT.
    So you reckon I wont have any gains going to bigger piping?

WidePath SRI are different from the PowerPath series as the are a one piece design
    Pod, Intake and TIP all in 1 piece - no joins

The PowerPath series is just the instake and Pod Filter and would either use your OEM TIP or aftermarket one
    DISI Turbo Inlet Pipes : James Barone Racing, Custom Fabrication
    Last edited by slixx; 09-07-2013 at 04:15 PM.

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/the-m...speed-vehicle/

Bigger piping, no
    Bigger MAF, slightly...

Honestly, on stock turbo, unless you're running e85 or meth, you'll see very little gains

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Blog : The modification path in a MazdaSpeed/MPS vehicle : Stratified Automotive Controls

Bigger piping, no
    Bigger MAF, slightly...

Honestly, on stock turbo, unless you're running e85 or meth, you'll see very little gains
    That link is great insight for upgrading!!

well I guess I could scratch the JBR intake and just go for a CS stage 2 then or probably go for a bigger tmic.

Just like the Powerpath series, Jamie provide all types of sizes including stock turbo

Either way, the Widepath seems good as there are no joins

Email Jamie @jbarone jamesbaroneracing@gmail.com
    He is a great source of info and very generous with his time

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Just like the Powerpath series, Jamie provide all types of sizes including stock turbo

Either way, the Widepath seems good as there are no joins

Email Jamie @jbarone jamesbaroneracing@gmail.com
    He is a great source of info and very generous with his time
    Thanks @slixx I'll shoot him an email and see how I go appreciate your help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Looks like its very debatable then..If only money wasn't an issue haha

10. Default

i Just received my 3 inch wide path today in the mail, i will have to have it retuned to suit (won't happen for a few weeks), you can't stick a bigger MAF housing on and drive it until the ECU is calibrated. You will need to have an access port , Ecuteck etc to even use it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    i Just received my 3 inch wide path today in the mail, i will have to have it retuned to suit (won't happen for a few weeks), you can't stick a bigger MAF housing on and drive it until the ECU is calibrated. You will need to have an access port , Ecuteck etc to even use it.
    So it does require advance tuning to even get it up and running, don't think I'd want to wait a few more weeks to get it calibrated. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Default JBR Widepath

Just remember there are different sizes in the Widepath range

Peter "SLIXX"

13. Default

Yep anything bigger than a stock MAF will need to be calibrated to even drive it, if you own an Access port you can down load maps to suit the 3 inch wide path to drve it. Stratified has download maps for the bigger intakes for AP

14. Default

I can also assist anyone that needs to calibrate their MAF. Keep in mind that your cars prob won't even start with the wrong MAF curve.

Sent from my iPhone using RichieTalk

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    I fitted the 3 inch wide path, a pleasant suprise is cork sport standard size maf housing can be used to drive as it clamps up fine before a tune as the JBR housing is the same outside diamater, will be getting Tune House to swap out the MAF housing when i drop it off for a retune this week.
    The JBR full silicone 3 widepath is easy as to fit, don't have to worry about smaller battery box etc and shit lods of coupler clamps, had to butcher the corksport airbox as the air filter fitment is a lot further forward towards the front left of the car.
    Being ful silicone you can bend it here and there with out harming flow path to get it where you want.
    Last edited by shaneski; 15-07-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola