User Tag List

Thread: clutch noise on cold start ups

Default clutch noise on cold start ups

hi guys just looking for info on my 05 maz 6 mps.. on cold start up lately im hearing a weird noise.i start the car and leave it run for a min but when driving off when I press the clutch and change gears a knocking noise happenes it happens for few mins till car warms up. I only own the car 3 months and I went back to garage and the guy says its prob the oil aint getting into the mechanisms right away to lube them as weather cold and said oil prob too thick..does anybody else think the same.please need some help.

2. Default

try not pressing the clutch as you let go of the pedal, sounds like a driver's side mount. There should be a gap between the black rubbit bit and the metal bit on top, if there isnt then it has collapsed. Mine did exactly what you described.

Hmmm I have the same noise on my 07 MPS 6. Always wondered what it was, but last service it came up clean so I wasn't worried about it.

I always really baby it until she's at normal temp before I drive it normally.

Its not the mount anyway looks perfect....so dunno really.tims you think its prob normal on cold start ups..wat wud ye think with the thick oil taking a while to lube stuff so thats wat makes noise for few mins

It's possible - @dazza does yours do this?

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    It's possible - @dazza does yours do this?
    I had the same issue, ONLY when cold. It was the driver side mount, check the bottom of the mount there is a rubber sack, if it has collapsed it will make an annoying noise until car warms up. Almost guarantee its that mount. I have a spare OEM mount basically brand new if anyone wants it Ill sell it cheap as chips.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Hey dazza.how do you know by touching the sack under the mount that its gone.my driver side one its like a rubber ball can push around it.nothing leaking etc. Like when I start up the car cold no noise happens.its just when I take for changing gears the noise happins for 2.3 mins and goes when car warm

Quote Originally Posted by buzzie89 View Post
    Hey dazza.how do you know by touching the sack under the mount that its gone.my driver side one its like a rubber ball can push around it.nothing leaking etc. Like when I start up the car cold no noise happens.its just when I take for changing gears the noise happins for 2.3 mins and goes when car warm
    It wont leak fluid the sack underneath was all squishy and felt collapsed on mind. I had no noise on start up, it was only on changing gears like you said until warm. Sounds exactly the same as my problem, if you really want ill send you my spare mount you can pay for postage its been sitting in my shed for 12 months.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

My drivers side mount looks solid, the passenger side mount (Is that it hidden neatly under the battery tray?) I'm not sure about.. there was a bit of movement in the rubber section I could get my fingers to but that's all I could do without removing the battery and tray.
    Last edited by tims; 09-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.