User Tag List

Thread: Mazda3 sedan revealed by Top Gear Russia

Default Mazda3 sedan revealed by Top Gear Russia

Filed under: Budget, Sedan, Mazda, Design/Style

Thanks to our comrades at Top Gear Russia, the trickling reveal of the Mazda3 sedan has begun. We saw the hatch in person in New York (and loved it), and we wanted to see if the trunked version could hold onto the same mojo. If you like the Mazda6, then you should like the Mazda3 because it takes just about everything from its toothsome big brother and shrinks it into a compact package.

Top Gear Russia was allowed to share photographs of the Mazda sedan they call "Treshka" (or they leaked them, depending on whom you talk to), but not their drive impressions. The site page says it will come in four trims for the Russian market - Drive, Active, Active+ and Supreme - and offer three engines. Our specifications will certainly differ. Other than that, all we have to go on are the looks, which some may argue are even better than the hatch thanks to a trunk line that provides more balance to that long hood up front.

The Mazda3 will go on sale later this year and US prices should be announced in September. For the time being, content yourself with the gallery of high-res images above.Mazda3 sedan revealed by Top Gear Russia originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 22:17:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Think the front need a bit more lip to offset the nose.

I'm so torn. I honestly think it's the most attractive cars of it's size available at the moment. I really want one.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    I'm so torn. I honestly think it's the most attractive cars of it's size available at the moment. I really want one.

But look at the other cars.......not really saying much

The large cars dieing, if you want a performance sedan, your very limited to choice.
    Now would be a really good time for mazda to take a risk and build an 3 MPS sedan.
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Is that a great big intercooler behind the bumper? I will trade up immediately for an AWD MPS but if it's FWD I will just keep my 2006 model.