User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help to understand AFR

Default Help to understand AFR

I read everywhere about logging AFR's. I just got the ability to log things now and am I supposed to only care about the figure at WOT in 4th??
    Or should I be monitoring it constantly and aiming for 12.7 or 12.8 all the time?
    I'm really confused by this sorry, at idle it hovers around 14.6 I have seen as high as 27. This is really bad.. At WOT in 4th it sits about 12.6-13.1.

I have a SRI, TIP and Hypertech tune. I also pretty sure there a small leak in/around coupler which I'm fixing right now. Car drives heaps better than stock still. Haven't seen boost go past 17.4psi

Basically when should I have these AFR figures everyone talks about and should I be expecting more boost or not?
    Thanks for trying to understand what I'm struggling to explain lol

As im not good with words... @SarcasticOne @LittleredMPS

3. Default

Going to sound like MSF but you need to use that search engine on the top of the website and search accessport FAQ, that's where I learned so much about the aaccessport and it will help you in understanding what afrs and knock retard ect are. After you read through FAQ it will all make sense

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    Going to sound like MSF but you need to use that search engine on the top of the website and search accessport FAQ, that's where I learned so much about the aaccessport and it will help you in understanding what afrs and knock retard ect are. After you read through FAQ it will all make sense
    Nah your right dude. How the hell would I have know to search for accessport FAQ.
    Plus I did use the search terms AFR which it won't let me search for cause 3 letters, tried optimum AFR ratio, tried WOT AFR, tried heaps dude. Read heaps as well but still having trouble understanding. Even read the wiki page about AFR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    I read everywhere about logging AFR's. I just got the ability to log things now and am I supposed to only care about the figure at WOT in 4th??
    Or should I be monitoring it constantly and aiming for 12.7 or 12.8 all the time?
    I'm really confused by this sorry, at idle it hovers around 14.6 I have seen as high as 27. This is really bad.. At WOT in 4th it sits about 12.6-13.1.

I have a SRI, TIP and Hypertech tune. I also pretty sure there a small leak in/around coupler which I'm fixing right now. Car drives heaps better than stock still. Haven't seen boost go past 17.4psi

Basically when should I have these AFR figures everyone talks about and should I be expecting more boost or not?
    From my understanding anthing more than 12 in WOT is not safe.....
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    From my understanding anthing more than 12 in WOT is not safe.....
    Is that in any gear or only for when the engine is under load like 3rd, 4th etc..?

14.7 idle and light throttle. At WOT or anytime your in open loop you should see your commanded AFR of 11.5 -11.8. I think OTS is 11.7. Your AFR's will fluctuate between those 2 figures depending on how heavy your on the throttle. That 27 figure you seen is normal for when your decelerating and the injectors are off, it will go back down to 14.7 when you come to a stop.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You tube maf calibration tutorial. .. it will explain everything... got this off msf and watched it this arvo must watch all 6

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    14.7 idle and light throttle. At WOT or anytime your in open loop you should see your commanded AFR of 11.5 -11.8. I think OTS is 11.7. Your AFR's will fluctuate between those 2 figures depending on how heavy your on the throttle. That 27 figure you seen is normal for when your decelerating and the injectors are off, it will go back down to 14.7 when you come to a stop.

Extremely appreciated @ledfootrob!!!

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    You tube maf calibration tutorial. .. it will explain everything... got this off msf and watched it this arvo must watch all 6

On it

In WOT in 4th im at 12.1 AFR at approx 3000rpm but run lean up to 3000rpm,and i have an Ecutec tune
    your 12.6-13.1 sounds very lean,i would advise you to take to a mechanic to chuck on the dyno

Is that in any gear or only for when the engine is under load like 3rd, 4th etc..?
    In 4th I was reading off my dyno sheet and it was under load

13. Default

Nah your right dude. How the hell would I have know to search for accessport FAQ.
    Plus I did use the search terms AFR which it won't let me search for cause 3 letters, tried optimum AFR ratio, tried WOT AFR, tried heaps dude. Read heaps as well but still having trouble understanding. Even read the wiki page about AFR's.

All good mate I guess I was always going to go accessport from day 1 so it was easy to research about it. Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post

you've got a leak between MAF and turbo
    get it fixed... AFR's going above about 12 is bad news...
    else, @ledfootrob covered everything else
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    you've got a leak between MAF and turbo
    get it fixed... AFR's going above about 12 is bad news...
    else, @ledfootrob covered everything else
    @SarcasticOne... is that only on wot sam

~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    @SarcasticOne... is that only on wot sam

Yeah, at WOT...
    Tests have been done, very little to be gained going over 11.8, and I wouldn't suggest it without either e85 or meth...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

What a productive night lol. Learnt HEAPS about something I knew sweet fa about and fixed the annoying leak. Just went for quick spin AFR's now WOT 4th 11.6/11.7 in 2nd/3rd 11.3-11.6 and idle 14.6/14.7.

Pretty sure this just about perfect. Thanks for the help.

Hopefully other 'noobs' find this post as useful as I.

Glad all fixed, lucky u picked up as u were running super lean

@Rob777 Read this

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/new-m...rs-thread.html

You may learn a thing or 2 about using the forum, especially searching.

Do you wanna make a post explaining what you leant so others can understand it in 'noob' terms because it seems you learnt about this from going off and reading other stuff, not the stuff that's here in this thread. This just has the figures you're meant to be hitting...
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    @Rob777 Read this

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/new-m...rs-thread.html

You may learn a thing or 2 about using the forum, especially searching.

Do you wanna make a post explaining what you leant so others can understand it in 'noob' terms because it seems you learnt about this from going off and reading other stuff, not the stuff that's here in this thread. This just has the figures you're meant to be hitting...
    Jeeez ok will never make another post asking a question. I am we'll aware of how to search and I couldn't find what I wanted or really explain what I wanted to find out because I didn't understand.
    I appreciate what was said in this post as it did help me understand. More than any searching around I did. I also read & watched some awesome articles/videos I wouldn't of found by searching as the titles have nothing to do with AFR's. eg accessport FAQ... How would I have searched for this?? They were pointed out to me by posting this.
    But anyway forget about it, this just gonna start an argument. People gonna get angry on forums regardless.

Dude I run a small business, I am constantly being rung for free advice which is easily accessible all over the net. Do I shoot them down or blow them away. No I help them in anyway I can. Even though there is no benefit to me I feel I'm doing the right thing. Wish others could feel the same. Why don't universities just point us towards textbooks? We do we need teachers of books have all the info.

Anyway rant over queue the hate. Give it to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast