Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car registration stickers to be scrapped in Victoria

Default Car registration stickers to be scrapped in Victoria

http://bit.ly/11Zbs0V

Yay!!! No more stickers!
    Never liked the fact my VIN was on display for everyone to see

Peter "SLIXX"

2. Default

yay! I could never get the sticker properly aligned so it would always look not quite right

Good to see this happening! I spent an undisclosed amount of time last weekend removing my old rego sticker... (I don't own a hair drier and isopropyl alcohol didn't help remove the glue).

Only one problem with no rego stickers. It was a good reminder when your rego was due lol

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Only one problem with no rego stickers. It was a good reminder when your rego was due lol
    I'm sure they'll send the reminder a few months before hand. Otherwise we'll have to use those smart phones of ours!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

OzMPSClub Time: 2013
    Vic Government Time: 1988

Glad to see the cost savings will be passed on to the road users. BZZT.

That was so last year for us in NSW

8. Default

I'm waiting on the UK MOT approach. Get the cars roadworthy checked every year, get a new sticker/label. I'm sure if the government does that, they'll get their share of the tax, more cars off roads, more sales of newer cars, more tax again...

SSssshhh.... don't tell them I said that... it's a shitty idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    I'm waiting on the UK MOT approach. Get the cars roadworthy checked every year, get a new sticker/label. I'm sure if the government does that, they'll get their share of the tax, more cars off roads, more sales of newer cars, more tax again...

Roadworthy check every year?? Most of us will be off the roads straight away
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Victoria Govt don't want that many cars off the road. Less speeding fines!

Peter "SLIXX"

We've had it in WA like this for some time. It ****ing sucks because when rego comes along it's a big awful surprise.

Really, I've never been surprised by my Rego arriving in the mail

Nor have a deliberately gone to my rego sticker as reference

Guess we'll all just have to remember, like we have to pay for insurance every year

Peter "SLIXX"

Welcome to NSW.
    And as someone who used to do rego inspections, its a bloody good idea. Will get a lot of crap off the road, or at least get them fixed and safe.
    Sure it cost $35ish every year (once your car is over 5 years old) but its a small price to pay for having someone point out how dangerous your car is to someone who more often than not has absolutely no idea how unsafe their car is.

I personally think not having to do them on new cars is crazt. Australia is a big place, we do a lot of KM on really bad roads. Pretty easy to make a car unsafe in less than 5 years. Especially when as i said before, people have very little knowledge about cars and most wouldn't even know when their tyres are bald
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

$60 in ACT for road worthy
    Was funny, I went "yay!" When the guy told me I had passed, he looked at me and went "why did you think it might not pass" kept mouth shut

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    $60 in ACT for road worthy
    Was funny, I went "yay!" When the guy told me I had passed, he looked at me and went "why did you think it might not pass" kept mouth shut
    I think in Vic they reduced the licensing and limited the amount of people that can legally perform a roadworthy, to prevent dodgy roadworthies being given out

If you had to do one every year, it would take all year to get your roadworthy done as there just isn't enough people

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Can we peel the buggers off now, or have to wait until next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Can we peel the buggers off now, or have to wait until next year?
    Lol don't do it yet. Just stick it on side window

It's all about speed in Vic, not quality roads, not skilled drivers, not safe cars.... just income.

The marketing on TV at the moment is how speed cameras cut crashes at intersections..... I agree with that, and wholly support it, but I'm confused as to why we need more speed cameras on freeways where congestion is out of control.

Sorry, slightly off topic :-)

Canberra used to be like that 20 something years ago, I used to tremble having to go to the government testing station every year and have no less than 5 different people going over your car then they went the other direction where u only get car inspected when selling a car over 5 years old.
    potentially u could own a car for 20years and never need to get inspected.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    potentially u could own a car for 20years and never need to get inspected.
    Have you seen some of the "roadworthy" shitboxes driving on Victorian roads? This is the exact reason.
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast