User Tag List

Thread: Random Bolt Found in Engine Bay

Default Random Bolt Found in Engine Bay

Hi All,

Quick one - I opened up the bonnet and noticed a small bolt sitting on top of the intercooler.

Really really unsure what it is, where it is meant to be placed or even if its from my car?

All I have done is stage 1 COBB intake. So I was thinking it might be part of the standard airbox mounts? (refer to pics)

Here are some pics of the bolt and also pics on where i think it should be.

All help appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130702_212024.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	14454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130702_212039.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	14455   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130702_212314.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	14456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130702_212320.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	14457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130702_212343.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	14458  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130702_212352.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	14459  

That goes inside the rubber grommet that holds your intercooler into place

Remove your intercooler and place it inside the rubber grommet

Peter "SLIXX"

Check that the rubber grommet sleeves are all still in your standard air box mounts, cause that's what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by zippymps3 View Post
    Check that the rubber grommet sleeves are all still in your standard air box mounts, cause that's what it looks like.
    Do you have a pic of the rubber grommet sleeves by any chance? especially in the location of the picture i added.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    That goes inside the rubber grommet that holds your intercooler into place

Remove your intercooler and place it inside the rubber grommet

Peter "SLIXX"
    I checked the TMIC last night and all bolts are in place and they are a different bolt (but look similar)

Since the bolt was found sitting right on top of the IC - Maybe on the very lucky occasion someones flicked a bolt right through the bonnet scoop? That would be the first!!
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    Do you have a pic of the rubber grommet sleeves by any chance? especially in the location of the picture i added.

I checked the TMIC last night and all bolts are in place and they are a different bolt (but look similar)

Since the bolt was found sitting right on top of the IC - Maybe on the very lucky occasion someones flicked a bolt right through the bonnet scoop? That would be the first!!
    If you unbolt the plastic shroud off your IC and then unbolt your IC itself, where the holes are that hold the IC in place there will be rubber grommets
    The metal sleeve, fits inside of it

When i get home, I'll send pics if you need

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

looks like the air box one.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    If you unbolt the plastic shroud off your IC and then unbolt your IC itself, where the holes are that hold the IC in place there will be rubber grommets
    The metal sleeve, fits inside of it

When i get home, I'll send pics if you need
    Really? Ive never taken the TMIC off though? Only the Plastic shroud.

If you could take a pic that would be great!! Thanks heaps.
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

I have to check my spark plugs anyway, so it won't be a problem

Peter "SLIXX"

Is definitely the sleeve that goes inside the airbox mount. I will take a photo of the one that I have stored inside my airbox (now not on the car) when I get home tonight, if you like.

If the IC hasn't ever been off the car, it probably won't be that?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    looks like the air box one.
    Any chance you got a pic of what the area looks like? Im afraid my rubber grommet has dropped out and i have only found the metal sleeve.
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS

Any chance you got a pic of what the area looks like? Im afraid my rubber grommet has dropped out and i have only found the metal sleeve.
    Its the one that holds air box to radiator support.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Is definitely the sleeve that goes inside the airbox mount. I will take a photo of the one that I have stored inside my airbox (now not on the car) when I get home tonight, if you like.

If the IC hasn't ever been off the car, it probably won't be that?

It was my initial thought aswell that it might be the airbox mount. Is everyone referring to my last picture as to which mount it is? Or is it another?
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS

It's definitely a air box groumet

Its the one that holds air box to radiator support.
    Yep thats the one in my last picture.

Is that what it should look like? Or should there be a rubber grommet on it? Dont have a pic of yours by any chance?
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS

Name:	20130703_161544_resized.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	14463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130703_171722_resized.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	14464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130703_171810_resized.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	14465

I just had a look at at my stock airbox and it actually has the grommet and sleeve.

Its pretty much the same but the airbox one is longer. So we can eliminate the airbox sleeve.

Attached pics to show difference in size.
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS

ok wasnt the air box has to be intercooler... If not intercooler have you got any mates who are pranksters?

Name:	20130703_161544_resized.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	14463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130703_171722_resized.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	14464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130703_171810_resized.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	14465

I just had a look at at my stock airbox and it actually has the grommet and sleeve.

Its pretty much the same but the airbox one is longer. So we can eliminate the airbox sleeve.

Attached pics to show difference in size.
    Nioce bunch of cars btw
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Nioce bunch of cars btw
    Havent had a chance to look back at this thread. Didnt even realise I posted that pic! Thanks though, was a typical day at the office.

I ended up forgetting about this whole bolt thing all together. Whatever I dont know wont hurt me.
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS