User Tag List

Thread: 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R

1. Default 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R

I have to admit, I dont like many VW's, but this one certainly grabs my attention!

General stats - 195kW 2.0ltr 4 potter FWD, with 350Nm torque

Source: TMR

Blog Entries

The back end looks like an old civic! haha

Interior is hot and the specs are pretty impressive!

Love it, if it only was as cheap as the MPS!

loves it

And the front looks like the new civic!

Hahaha... I like it.

i reckon the rear is closer to an alfa than the EG civic.

I like it .......its SEX!

Blog Entries

That looks awesome...wonder how far out of my budget that will be???? lol

Blog Entries

It's nice...but I doubt we'll get it in Oz...and if we do it'll be over 60K

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    It's nice...but I doubt we'll get it in Oz...and if we do it'll be over 60K
    Too expensive for a FWD....., just like the Ford RS if we were to get it in Oz.

No thanks
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

VW unleashes hottest Scirocco

Scorching R version is ready for debut, with 261bhp turbo engine on tap for storming pace

THE ’Roc just got harder! The Scirocco R is the fastest, most aggressive version of the Golf-based coupé yet, and Auto Express has been granted an exclusive audience with it – giving us the chance to bag these first official images.

Joining the Touareg R50 and the Passat R36 as one of the performance flagships in the VW range, the Scirocco R is the first model to use the simplified ‘R’ designation – and it’s a thrilling prospect. At its heart is a revised 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine with uprated pistons, high-pressure injectors and a bigger turbocharger.

The result is a startling 261bhp and 350Nm of torque – up 57bhp on the existing 2.0 TSI. Despite the significant hike in power, drive is still sent exclusively to the front wheels via either a six-speed manual or a twin-clutch DSG gearbox.

To help contain wheelspin on exiting corners, an XDS electronic differential, first seen on the new Golf GTI, is fitted as standard. Larger brake discs and gloss black calipers ensure the newcomer has excellent stopping power.

Even when parked up, there’s no mistaking the Scirocco R for lesser models. A redesigned front bumper is punctuated with a trio of deep air intakes and incorporates a pair of jewel-like LED running lights.

There’s a gloss black finish on the wing mirrors and grille, while the rubbing strips on the side of the standard car are removed for a smoother profile. More pronounced body-coloured side skirts add to the drama.

At the back, more gloss black can be found on the enlarged diffuser, bracketed by a pair of wide-set oval exhausts. A more prominent rear spoiler plus a single ‘R’ badge marks this car out. The interior also gets a makeover, featuring new sports seats embossed with ‘R’ logos, black trim and a flat-bottomed steering wheel.

White backlit dials swept by blue needles are a unique feature we’ll see more of on ‘R’ models in the future – including the Golf R, set to debut with the Scirocco at the Nürburgring 24 hours race this weekend.

Sales of the Scriocco R are set to start in September, with prices from around £26,000.
    Source: Autoexpress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_307968_25.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_307969_25.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_307970_25.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	726   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_307971_25.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	727  

An earlier article from a month ago.

VW Scirocco R

Hottest Scirocco yet spied testing ahead of its debut at the Nurburgring 24-hour race in May

14th April 2009

The Scirocco Studie R blew us away when we saw it for the first time at the Bologna Motor Show earlier this year. And now a production version of the white-hot Scirocco, likely to be badged the Scirocco R, has been spied at the infamous Nurburgring circuit in Germany alongside a current 2.0 TFSI car.

Pictured on the right, the Scirocco R is clearly wearing a more aggressive body kit with lower front and rear bumpers and more sculpted side skirts, as well as larger 19-inch wheels. But there’s no sign of the wild rear wing attached to the Bologna show car.

When it goes on sale to the public, the Golf-based coupe will feature a storming 262bhp version of the 2.0 TFSI engine already available in 197bhp form. That means a 0-60mph sprint in around six seconds and a 155mph top speed.

Source: Autoexpress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_305897_25.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_305898_25.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_305899_25.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_305900_25.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_photo_305901_25.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	732  

Noice. Very alfa-ish. But reliable!

Love it I've been quite attached to this beast for a while and it could be a replacement down the track, but it only seats 4, which is no biggie as I've only got 2 kids but sometimes could be inconvenient

Buy the missus a Kluger...works a treat

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MaN|aC View Post
    i reckon the rear is closer to an alfa than the EG civic.
    Agreed I was thinking from rear view it looks more like an Alfa ... and I must say I am a fan of Alfas in terms of looks these days
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

i like it heaps. looks like they gone a bit away from there usual vw styling

In the UK, the 3MPS with everything on it is £21,500. The Scirocco R is £27,000 before extras. To bring it up to 3MPS spec - about £30,000. Just a rough guide.

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    an earlier article from a month ago.

vw scirocco r

hottest scirocco yet spied testing ahead of its debut at the nurburgring 24-hour race in may

14th april 2009

source: autoexpress
    white ftmfw
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

The Sunday Times, today, estimates that the new Golf GTI specced to 3MPS levels would cost £30,000. Maybe the Scirocco R estimate of £30,000 maybe a bit low.