User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 mps or 3 mps????

1. Default Mazda 6 mps or 3 mps????

Hey guys, been hanging around for a while. First post. I'm looking to buy either a 6 or a 3 mps 2006-2007. I'm confused on what car suites me best. I'm willing to spend 15k or so. I'm looking for a car that's got the luxury and is comfortable to drive but at the same time is got that beast mode too. I like the 6 cause its luxury and its awd and I like the 3 cause its just a really sexy unit and is small and light. Please help.
    Cheers

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...y-compare.html

drive both, make up your own mind
    until you've done that, this is a pointless thread

3. Default

I have driven both and liked both. I can't make up my mind and was wondering what people who actually own these cars think.

Quote Originally Posted by 4evafit View Post
    I have driven both and liked both. I can't make up my mind and was wondering what people who actually own these cars think.
    Read the thread... A few people there have owned both cars and give their opinions.
    Your money
    Your car
    Your decision
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hey guys, been hanging around for a while. First post. I'm looking to buy either a 6 or a 3 mps 2006-2007. I'm confused on what car suites me best. I'm willing to spend 15k or so. I'm looking for a car that's got the luxury and is comfortable to drive but at the same time is got that beast mode too. I like the 6 cause its luxury and its awd and I like the 3 cause its just a really sexy unit and is small and light. Please help.
    Cheers
    Personally I own a 3 and my mate owns a 6 and I am kinda of liking the 6 more, I have more mods and I get nailed on launches but when my wheels start to get traction I am quicker in gear by third ,the 6 is a very balanced car but can be a bit boring because its so good, at times the 3 is more fun its a very Jekyll and Hyde car, u should be able to pick a 6 up cheaper than a 3 too, the 6 can make a bad driver look good but the 3 is like trying to ride one of those mechanical bulls.
    either car u won't be disappointed ,but the 6 is my recommendation

I have driven the 6 but i Would really like to see what it is like to live with.

Yeah, what SarcasticOne said.

Its been discussed many times and always ended in arguments.

So here is those threads summed up.

Those with a 3 say buy a 3
    Those with a 6 say buy a 6
    Those that have had both say buy a 6

8. Default

Awesome. I was leaning towards the 6 more. I just gotta get over the looks. I love the way the 3 looks. It just sits very nicely.

Lol... Not this again

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Personally I own a 3 and my mate owns a 6 and I am kinda of liking the 6 more, I have more mods and I get nailed on launches but when my wheels start to get traction I am quicker in gear by third ,the 6 is a very balanced car but can be a bit boring because its so good, at times the 3 is more fun its a very Jekyll and Hyde car, u should be able to pick a 6 up cheaper than a 3 too, the 6 can make a bad driver look good but the 3 is like trying to ride one of those mechanical bulls.
    either car u won't be disappointed ,but the 6 is my recommendation
    Trust me 6 isnt a boring car man you can drift these things like no tomorrow. .

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    Trust me 6 isnt a boring car man you can drift these things like no tomorrow. .

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Really I found the 6 like riding a unicorn
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Find another 2.5k and buy our 6MPS, otherwise ill just have to keep driving it to work :P
    Ill even throw in the Cobb intake and the flash tune.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Yeah, what SarcasticOne said.

Its been discussed many times and always ended in arguments.

So here is those threads summed up.

Those with a 3 say buy a 3
    Those with a 6 say buy a 6
    Those that have had both say buy a 6
    Agreed, other than Brad and myself I dont think anyone else here has OWNED both (not driven).
    The 6 is the better buy.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

14. Default

Lol is this one of Those mac vs windows , apple vs Samsung things. Sorry didn't realise.
    The thing I love about the 6 is the awd. That is really cool. I've always thought they were fwd. what with talk about the 6 have these annoying rattle that no one can find?

Really depends what you want to do with it imo. If you want to throw alot of money into it, BT, the 6 is better imo, AWD = traction

Lol is this one of Those mac vs windows , apple vs Samsung things. Sorry didn't realise.
    The thing I love about the 6 is the awd. That is really cool. I've always thought they were fwd. what with talk about the 6 have these annoying rattle that no one can find?
    Not that ive experienced. My 3 was a rattle machine but that is not consistent with everyone's experience.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

My mps3's only had issues with bigger sway bars wrecking end links, other than these knock/rattles were minimum

Horses for courses, really. The only thing I would add, considering that this issue has been flogged to death elsewhere, and ignoring such mundane issues as your price sensitivity, is that if you are a tourer (as in GT mode which means a really long-legged, economical, high-speed 4-door touring car with acceptable ride and tonnes of room), get a 6. If you have family, get a 6. If you are in WA, the chopped-up country roads here indicate that a 6 might be better due to its longer wheel base and improved ride quality. If you drive dirt roads, ditto, as the AWD 6 is great on dirt and the longer WB improves longitudinal stability.

If you are a short distance, single or no family point-and-squirt driver and spend more time in urban environments, you might consider the 3. That said, I spend a fair amount of time in the city and still have a 6. If you are urban in the major cities, many of the roads are better than here in WA and you may better be able to live with the slightly choppier ride of the 3, a result of its shorter wheelbase. Plenty of people do, obviously.

Having said all that, there are many who find exceptions to all of the above, and I would find it hard to refute them.

My only annoying rattle was traced to the drivers seat mount bolt. Tightened and never had it again.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

It comes down to personal choice

Ive driven the Gen1&2 mps3 and didn't like it
    I drove the 6 and loved it

But my 6 can keep with my friends s15 and a wrx so that just gives you an idea, Not to let its weight fool you

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbstar View Post
    It comes down to personal choice

Ive driven the Gen1&2 mps3 and didn't like it
    I drove the 6 and loved it

But my 6 can keep with my friends s15 and a wrx so that just gives you an idea, Not to let its weight fool you
    That's interesting. My mate has a VE SS 460hpatw manual, off the line I can keep up with him only his momentum he starts to pull away. Standard the 3 is quicker than the 6 0-100.... 6.1 and 6.6sec
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast