User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 mps or 3 mps????

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    That's interesting. My mate has a VE SS 460hpatw manual, off the line I can keep up with him only his momentum he starts to pull away. Standard the 3 is quicker than the 6 0-100.... 6.1 and 6.6sec
    don't believe mazda figure's with 0-100,the 6 will smash the 3 off the line.my mechanic has a stock as a rock 6 and he can do 0-100 in 6sec.
    my friends 6 beats me off the line and i have 100nm and 30kw more
    Last edited by chef; 04-07-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Mazda and other performance magazines have a set method of recording performance times.
    Amount of weight in the car, amount of wheel spin etc
    Also they have very little time to get used to a car and practice.
    So take magazine times with a grain of salt. They should easily be bettered.

Besides, why is this thread still going?

We have had both the 6 and the 3 in the family at the same time. They have both been suited to their particular roles. My daughter used the 3 for commuting a decent distance to work, while I did much the same most of the time in the 6. When we travelled anywhere together, we took the 6. We often swapped drivers, regardless of the car in use. I have a pretty good idea of what each is like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    We have had both the 6 and the 3 in the family at the same time. They have both been suited to their particular roles. My daughter used the 3 for commuting a decent distance to work, while I did much the same most of the time in the 6. When we travelled anywhere together, we took the 6. We often swapped drivers, regardless of the car in use. I have a pretty good idea of what each is like now.
    We did too lol. Always took the 6 for long drives. Great for the run to Sydney m

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    We did too lol. Always took the 6 for long drives. Great for the run to Sydney m

You like a threesome.. FWD turbo, AWD turbo and now RWD turbo bases covered
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Well the 3 is gone.. But we have the Cx9, I'm driving the 6mps to work and the F6 is in the garage for the weekends.

If I find myself moving work places I'll have a car allowance.. Supercharged v8?
    Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Well the 3 is gone.. But we have the Cx9, I'm driving the 6mps to work and the F6 is in the garage for the weekends.

If I find myself moving work places I'll have a car allowance.. Supercharged v8?
    Lmao.

Tunehouse are selling there supercharged HSV
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Tunehouse are selling there supercharged HSV
    THEIR!

Only because I know how much you hate a spelling nazi
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by 4evafit View Post
    Awesome. I was leaning towards the 6 more. I just gotta get over the looks. I love the way the 3 looks. It just sits very nicely.
    You can't not admit this is sexy as all
    http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...4045_large.jpg
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

The 6 has lovely lines I think, a lot lower than most cars around, in its overall lines, and the tail end is well finished off with a flat line and just enough rise in the small boot spoiler to give it enough of a Kamm tail without looking stupid, and the purposeful bonnet-bulge requires two glances to realise its there at all - a nice touch is the under-bonnet intake with the bonnet leading-edge subtly different from standard. The biggest mistake most manufacturers make is having wheels that do not fill the wheel arches, while the 18" rims on the MPS do that nicely. For example, the Honda Accord Euro, otherwise a nice car, looks like it has shopping trolley wheels. I think Mazda did a great job on the MPS6 and it's all understated. One of the sneakiest Q-ships around - especially on song in 3rd gear!!

If I figured it was really worthwhile I'd remove the grille logo and replace with a single bar in the same colour as the rest of the grille, but I haven't given it a high priority.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

6! that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    The biggest mistake most manufacturers make is having wheels that do not fill the wheel arches, while the 18" rims on the MPS do that nicely.

Heh, I really loathe standard 6 wheels...
    MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Heh, I really loathe standard 6 wheels...
    Really? I rather like them... Until it come time to washing the car, they are fiddly I will admit.
    I reckon they look great for a factory wheel!
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    You can't not admit this is sexy as all
    http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...4045_large.jpg
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    Trust me 6 isnt a boring car man you can drift these things like no tomorrow. .

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    i'm yet to find a video of an MPS 6 drifting in conditions that aren't snow... i read somewhere it was secretly built for drifting, but there aren't many videos of them drifting on anything other than snow from what i've managed to find, i can get the tail to kick out a little in my 6, but i wouldn't call it drifting, lol
    If you can't fist it, it's not big enough!

I can easily drift mine... Lol
    Only happens once a month or so, but it does happen.
    That reminds me, haven't drifted a corner in a while ;-)
    Last edited by 99GTT; 05-07-2013 at 07:36 PM.

haha, i throw my car at corners pretty hard but it holds on pretty tight, even more so with the rear sway bar... though i don't really try to drift it, not game enough to try/adelaide has no easily available tracks to do it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    I can easily drift mine... Lol
    Only happens once a month or so, but it does happen.
    That reminds me, haven't drifted a corner in a while ;-)
    In the wet roundabouts are fun!

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    haha, i throw my car at corners pretty hard but it holds on pretty tight, even more so with the rear sway bar... though i don't really try to drift it, not game enough to try/adelaide has no easily available tracks to do it, lol
    Not game enough? Seriously you need to try Baz! These things can be drifted without thinking about it... It's not like a RWD in that you need to be careful with oversteer/tail flicking too fast or overtaking you.
    As the front wheels are constantly pulling the car at the same time that the rear tries to come around, it is simply almost impossible to lose it! I can say hand in heart I never even come close to a gutter in this car, so balanced and controlled, and predictable!

Coming from an s14, r33 and r34, I had to get a sensible car once I got married... So happy I stumbled on this car... Completely by accident, happy accident!!!

So just try it bro ;-)

My point wasn't about how the wheels look, which is a matter of design and personal taste, but about they way their size fills the wheel arch. Most cars have skateboard wheels. The 6 is one of the few in the price range that has been designed as standard with a decent arch-filling rim that compliments the look of the car. Even (some) Bimmers cheat on this one by retaining a pissy little rim size but clamping the guard down around it. Add to that their persistent use of run-flat tyres and stiff suspension and they all ride like boards.

On drifting, I had occasion to spend a fair bit of time on sandy and dirt roads with mine. The AWD is really great and and enables perfectly controlled drifts. I see little sense in trying it on sealed surfaces, but it is good to know that on a wet or greasy surface, especially in an emergency avoidance situation, the car isn't going to lose its cool and swap ends.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast