User Tag List

Thread: exhaust no sound anymore

Default exhaust no sound anymore

Hi all,
    I have CPE turbo back exhaust, it used to be very loud, even I went to put a resonator to try to reduce the sound.
    but about 2 weeks ago it's not making any sound anymore, can't hear anything inside the car. like driving a normal mazda 3.
    is it something like clogged cat??

oh and that started right after my CAI got some water in, might that be the reason??

Probably a blocked cat.
    That's what happened with mine, over a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Probably a blocked cat.
    That's what happened with mine, over a short period of time.
    can leave it like that or have to get it fixed? easy fixed?

I agree with 2xs.. blocked cat

How u fix a blocked cat?
    Mabey a good fisting
    Last edited by chef; 01-07-2013 at 10:13 PM.

but normally a blocked cat makes your car feels like lost power??
    I don't really feel anything :/

Weld a new cat in?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    can leave it like that or have to get it fixed? easy fixed?
    Unbolt it and have a look.

Take the cat off, look down it. Then, insert a metal star picket, and smash the prick with the back of an axe repeatedly until all the ceramic inside comes out. Afterwards you can weld another pipe through the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Take the cat off, look down it. Then, insert a metal star picket, and smash the prick with the back of an axe repeatedly until all the ceramic inside comes out. Afterwards you can weld another pipe through the middle.
    He has a Gen 2, judging by his "sig"
    Gutting the cat WILL throw a CEL.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Yeah if it blocked get a new one because if you get pulled up and they check your cat and there is no honeycomb in it its a massive fine lets say around the 10g mark so dont bash it out just replace it

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Just dropped the car to Westside muffler, they had a look and said if the Cat is blocked then will feel power lost like a non-turbo car ( which I don't really feel so).
    they can't think what cause this issue but said if it does bother then can go back they will pull it apart and have a look.