User Tag List

Thread: New 6 MPS owner in Newcastle

1. Default New 6 MPS owner in Newcastle

Been member here for a few months but I finally found a 6 MPS that was right for me, it came from a fellow forum member (but not advertised through here), even came with an Oz MPS sticker, hurray!

So the car is a totally standard 2006 6 MPS with 81,400 on the clock.

Got to have a nice drive back from Sydney down the freeway with my friend trailing behind in his TT Quattro.

If anyone cares to answer, how do I go about getting either a USB or Aux into the standard head unit?

Got no idea! But welcome!

Welcome I'm sure someone will chime in, have you checked the audio section?

Welcome mate,

have a search, there is a thread somewhere around that gets linked all over the mazda 6 including forums for the 30$ aux plug. Uses some old CD drive audio lines and solder in a plug, i mounted mine inside the top dash pocket to use with my tablet (got a 2005, so no mp3 deck for me )

about time you got one you'll love it for sure, a huge step up from the Prelude, it feels boaty to start with around corners, compared to the lude, but once you get used to the way it handles, you'll soon find it's far better and as you get your confidence up with the car you can throw it into a corner and you'll be pretty surprised how well it hangs on
    If you can't fist it, it's not big enough!

Welcome mate. There should be a aux plug in the console.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

about time you got one you'll love it for sure, a huge step up from the Prelude, it feels boaty to start with around corners, compared to the lude, but once you get used to the way it handles, you'll soon find it's far better and as you get your confidence up with the car you can throw it into a corner and you'll be pretty surprised how well it hangs on

Is that Andys old beast?

Nah mine had 183,000km when I traded it. I did think the one he was looking at earlier might have been mine, but mine hasn't surfaced for sale and the number plates have been changed so I believe it's probably been sold.

Welcome son of eevil, if you see someone driving the other way with a look of lament on their face, it's probably me.

Welcome :-)

I'm using a Grom USB/iPod/aux/Bluetooth kit from cushie audio - not super cheap but works really nicely. Plug and play on my '07 MPS 6.

There is a thread or two around here plus pics on how to plug in. ( If you are small and flexible you'll be able to plug it in with nothing more complex than removal of the glovebox.)

Welcome

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE