User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just serviced the gf's 2006 Mazda 3 neo

Default Just serviced the gf's 2006 Mazda 3 neo

Ok so apparently according to ultra tune the car needs $2500 worth of repairs which I highly doubt as the car drives sweet.

As usual Gf drives like a nana also and the mechanic says all the shock absorbers are screwed along with the wheel bearings and brakes and a host of other issues now this just doesn't sound right to me cars done 120000 mostly country driving .

So I guess I'm asking do any of you guys think this is possible ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a second opinion. Does it have any squeaks or any noise to suggest there are issues with what the mechanic said?

Well no car was all ok as far as I could tell I've had wheel bearing go on a car before and there is always some sort of warning that its happen wether it's vibrations noises or pulling to one side but the car is sweet. Also he said the battery is screwed but strange because the car starts runs perfectly every morning but when the Gf picked it up she mentioned it took a while to crank over. The other thing that makes this suss is her dad spent $1200 dollars making sure the car was in a1 condition and had everything done new battery filters brake pads etc with a full safety check and that was roughly 11 months ago before the car was shipped over from NSW so yeah I think this particular mechanic is trying to pull a fast one to be honest. I'm gonna go over the car and scrutinize everything tomorrow. Here's the list he came back with Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372504501.876507.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	14422

I agree @LAK89. Take it to someone's else's trusted mechanic. Have you used this mechanic before?

No never used them before Gf was impatient and wanted it serviced ASAP so she took it to the first mechanic who said ok . Will not be using them again and will tell everyone I know to stay clear of them for any wa members on here it's the bibra lake branch. I'm gonna try get it into the mechanical engineering place next to work as they seem to know their stuff and and straight up and tell it how it is. Cousin had his sti done there and the list he got was very accurate and diagnosed his problems just as I assumed so we will see how it goes.

6. Default

Lol mould on pollen filter. Lets just say I've been trained in mould and you would not get mould in your air con and NOT notice it every time you turn the aircon on. Also the fuel filter dirty... Doubtful if car drives sweet. The battery is obviously bs. The gearbox oil needs replacing is also hard to believe if the car drives fine. These are a few things that jump out to me. I'm convinced they are trying to pull a fast one. As far as suspension problems I'm pretty sure the first person to notice something wrong is the driver not the mechanic

Yeah exactly plus I checked all the suspension and the rear shocks are just as stiff as the front and are actually as stiff as my MPS lol

My wife had a 2007 mazda 3 it survived me than I gave it to her . Take it to someone else, when you go over a rough road do you get clunks or rattles?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    Lol mould on pollen filter. Lets just say I've been trained in mould and you would not get mould in your air con and NOT notice it every time you turn the aircon on. Also the fuel filter dirty... Doubtful if car drives sweet. The battery is obviously bs. The gearbox oil needs replacing is also hard to believe if the car drives fine. These are a few things that jump out to me. I'm convinced they are trying to pull a fast one. As far as suspension problems I'm pretty sure the first person to notice something wrong is the driver not the mechanic
    I agree with DarkSoul. Most of the stuff they would have had to get in there just to have a look. They thought they could take a newbie for a ride but you are not a newbie... just trying their luck and maybe even get away by not doing any work and say they did had you brought the car back to them to be done...

Yeh but how many other young people, seniors etc have they taken for a ride is what would worry me. (Assuming its not an innocent mistake)

11. Default

Yeah exactly people like this really make me angry. And the only reason he had done it is assuming my Gf is just gonna say yeah ok. Luckily me being a car enthusiast and spending way too much money and bruised knuckles over the past few years I've learned to pick up when a mechanic is talking shit . Oh just to add another note I went through the list today and all fluids are at their correct levels and very very clean the transmission fluid looks like it just came out of the bottle haha thanks for all your input guys you helped to confirm my suspicions I'm going to put the at in at another mechanics that I have more faith in and tell them I'm going to buy the car and get an inspection done if it comes back clear I'm going to go back to ultra tune and demand a full refund and if I don't get it take it to the head office.

I would get two written reports from independent mechanics and write a letter to ultratune asking for an explanation. If this mechanic is a rogue they might just be looking for an excuse to add him to the centrelink queue.

If you don't get a response or a sufficient explanation I'd take it up with the ACCC and the office of fair trading WA.

Check that the battery is your original battery too. It has been heard of for a mechanic to swap your perfectly good battery with their dodgy one in order for you to have to come back in to get a new one. Yes I know, illegal, dodgy, all of that.

Goodluck! Your GF is lucky to have you to consult.

Sounds like pedders shanagans

That's why its good to always ask for your old parts back. Than once you see them give them back for disposal :P

16. Default

So had the car checked with a mechanic I'm confident with and the report came back with a blank page haha he did mention next service to flush the auto trans fluid but other than that he said the cars all good . Next step I guess try and get some money outta ultra tune I doubt I will however I will give them a piece of my mind

Quote Originally Posted by LAK89 View Post
    So had the car checked with a mechanic I'm confident with and the report came back with a blank page haha he did mention next service to flush the auto trans fluid but other than that he said the cars all good . Next step I guess try and get some money outta ultra tune I doubt I will however I will give them a piece of my mind

Good to hear, good luck with getting the money part
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by LAK89 View Post
    Don't lose your cool but do 'play the game'. Write letters, 1 page max, timeline included, copy of reports etc.

Format is usually along the lines of;
    - What caused you to write (feel like your GF has been taken advantage of)
    - What happened (mechanic gave you BS report)
    - What action you took (Your suspicions verified by independent mechanic(s), but no work was done to the car, inspection only)
    - What outcome you want (full refund and explanation of why this occurred), and by when (specify a date at noon)
    - What action will be taken by UT
    - What you will do next if no response/agreeable outcome reached by above date (take advice from CAWA and ACCC)

Be very specific, and dont waffle :-)

They'll be getting a piece of someones mind every second day like most businesses do, so that won't achieve much... a letter is much more powerful, it shows your serious enough to put considerable effort in to your complaint.

Have fun
    Stock Standard MPS 6 | Opticoat Paint Protection By Caffeine Fiend | Custom GPS, Bluetooth and Digital music integration by Me | Rattles by Mazda

Did your GF give them any money? You'll likely get nothing if so, but I'd have a crack with a non-emotive, no bullsh*t, formal letter of complaint to the head office/regional manager. Don't even call the place you went to, call Ultratune head office and ask for the details for whom to address formal written complaint to. The problem with a lot of auto branches is that they're not franchises, you can't get them to change much if dodgy but at the least they'll get a wrap over the knuckles and you might get some money back, or a gesture of goodwill at another store. Refuse to deal with the store you have visited.

Also say that if you don't get a satisfactory response within 10 working days, you will take it to the ACCC for further investigation.

I recently received some terrible service, dishonest practice and verbal abuse from a local tyre store near me. The formal complaint I made wasn't asking for anything and again it wasn't a franchise, but I gleaned that the store has had several complaints made against it in recent times and was on very thin ice with regards to renewing their contract. It was good to know the time spent writing the letter wasn't wasting my time.

JB

20. Default

Hi guys update spoke to ultra tune head office and showed them the reports and they are investigating . Not expecting much to happen but at least I know the gf's car is all good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast