User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Mazdaspeed3 could look this good

Default Next Mazdaspeed3 could look this good

Filed under: Performance, Hatchback, Mazda, Design/Style

Mazda showed off its brand-new 2014 Mazda3 at an event in New York City earlier this week, and we have to say, at first blush, we're pretty impressed. It looks fantastic - like a smaller, hatch'd version of the already sleek Mazda6 sedan that went on sale earlier this year. And with a 200-pound weight reduction, efficient Skyactiv gasoline engines underhood and Mazda's usual focus on driving dynamics above all, we're willing to bet that the new Three will be a pretty decent steer.

Of course, being enthusiasts, we're already setting our sights on the next-generation Mazdaspeed3, rendered here by artist Theo Chin. To our eyes, it's not a very imaginative transformation, but is likely a spot-on rendering for what the next car will look like. And it's really, really hot.

While Mazda hasn't exactly confirmed that the new Speed3 will be coming, sources within the automaker have indicated that a third-generation version of the MS3 is under development. Thing is, the Japanese automaker wants to give the standard Mazda3 some time to grow in the market, so we might not see the new Speed3 until something like 2016, with a possible diesel version to arrive before then.

The big unknown, however, is what will power the new Speed3. Of course, we're big fans of the DISI 2.3-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder that's currently used, producing 263 horsepower, but Mazda could certainly be developing something new. A turbo-four setup is a given, and power will likely fall closer to 275 hp for the new car. Bring it on.Next Mazdaspeed3 could look this good originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

At 275hp (205kW) with 200lbs (91kg) less weight than a current BL MPS3 (1378kg down from the current 1469kg) it would be quite the benchmark considering the current creme of the crop are...

Megane RS265 (195kW @ 1374kg and Astra OPC (206kW @ 1475kg)

I'd trade up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im in love!

Wonder if the k04 will be on it?

Wow that looks sexy as hell !

Found this on FB. Another artist's rendition

Peter "SLIXX"

Yeh I like it.. Very euro.

Hmm almost had mine for 5 years... could be time to get something else... hmmm i wonder if'll they'll make it awd ^_^

Now thats a good looking piece of kit... unlike its previous older brother
    I'm stirring here lol

Last edited by tims; 29-06-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted thought @mech81 was talking about the 6 :-)

If they make a 3 MPS with AWD and preferably without a bonnet scoop I will trade my 2006 in a heartbeat - happy to pay $5k extra for AWD..if it's not on the cards then I will be keeping mine or just getting a cheaper SP25 next and enjoy the fuel savings - I've done a few mods to help with traction but it's still hopeless on damp or shitty roads.

I like it a lot....but FWD is still a big factor for me. I thought I was done with FWD

I'm thinking they will go AWD like an old school Familar... that.. .I would buy!!!

I highly doubt it would be AWD

Absolutely zero chance for a AWD 3 I would say.

I kind of like the looks of the new model, but I'll reserve my opinions until I see it in the flesh. Pictures make the nose look too long, and the rear look like a lancer hatchback

They do have the CX5 AWD system at their disposal for the 3... so it's not THAT far fetched. It's a bit like the AWD system out of the 6 MPS ending up in the CX7.

2.5l turbo would be the go.. Don't see why they'd stick to 2.3 when they are not using the 2.3 block anymore.

Much more likely to be 2.0L than 2.5.

It will not be AWD. You people need to let go of that idea.

But holy shit that looks amazing. Here I am thinking there is no other car on the market currently that I would rather own...... Then THIS shows up. I know it's only an artists conception but holy shit....

Quote Originally Posted by p666 View Post
    2.5l turbo would be the go.. Don't see why they'd stick to 2.3 when they are not using the 2.3 block anymore.
    The 2.5 is a bored out 2.3. Reason it won't go 2.5T? Cylinder walls are too thin once it's bored out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast