User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Mazdaspeed3 could look this good

Quote Originally Posted by spooon View Post
    They do have the CX5 AWD system at their disposal for the 3... so it's not THAT far fetched. It's a bit like the AWD system out of the 6 MPS ending up in the CX7.
    If the Mazda 3 were the size of the Golf or an A3 or A45, then the AWD system would be negligible to the weigh of the vehicle
    Once you add the AWD system, car has to be 1600+ in weight

Dunno IMO

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Yeah, i'd buy that

I like it as well...smile is gonnnee...only reservation is the rear, in an around-about way it looks similar to the new corolla hatch , maybe it's the tail-lights

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    If the Mazda 3 were the size of the Golf or an A3 or A45, then the AWD system would be negligible to the weigh of the vehicle
    Once you add the AWD system, car has to be 1600+ in weight

Dunno IMO
    If they hit the weight of 1350kg for fwd than 1450 -1600 will be on the money
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

5. Default

With weight down, wheelbase longer and wider but body shorter... handling should be much much more manageable with any increase in power/torque. Sloped back means centre of gravity moves forward slightly, could be a bad thing, could be a good thing. The extra width should compensate.

As for powerplant, 2.5T seems obvious but hardly likely unless they engineer something better. 2LT seems more likely, utilising the Skyactiv system.

There probably won't be an AWD system with the body shape since fitting the rear driveshaft would mean some much different engineering again. Possible, yes, realistically, no. I think they'll do something similar to the Scirocco R, keep all turbo FWD but with a little more Euro styling.

Most excited about the handling aspect with the weight reduction and wider wheel base.
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12