User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tuning options for mps 3 gen 1 in sydney

Gotta start somewhere, they are always making bigger and better things anyway

Cobb AP seems fairly fool proof and that's what I'm leaning totowards

Ive talked to a few MRT tuners before and didn't like their attitude and price

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Before you ask this question, read the tuning and ECU section.
    What are you trying to achieve? How far are you wanting to take this? What is your mod path..

The question is as generic as 'I want to build a house', are we talking a shack, a unit, a town house, a house, a mansion, a block of units?

Everyone has different needs and requirements, most of the methods are not directly comparable as 'better' or 'worse'.

If you just want to take it to a shop and make it their problem go to Tunehouse. If you want to make an educated decision, then read the tunning/ecu section starting with the stickies.

ECU Modification/Flashing
    Thanks for the advice. I wanted a very simple mod path, nothing more than intake and tune, for extra power.

my concern was safety with hypertech, and I suppose the difference in fuel consumption between that tune and s tunehouse tune.

I guess I really wanted to know if there was something comparsble to tunehouse that was significantly cheaper.

am I running any risks simply plugging in the hypertech?

I asked the question to cut to the chase, instead of possibly confusing myself with the mountain of information on the site.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    And I suppose that few things woulda be discussed on MSF? Personally when time comes to tuning my mps, I would not go with either MRT or TH. MRT seems to overcharge heaps and TH.....let's just say they tuned my previous car and it was disappointing........
    Hi lovecolt,

What do you mean that tunehouse were a dissapointment?

Quote Originally Posted by kasparov View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I wanted a very simple mod path, nothing more than intake and tune, for extra power.

my concern was safety with hypertech, and I suppose the difference in fuel consumption between that tune and s tunehouse tune.

I guess I really wanted to know if there was something comparsble to tunehouse that was significantly cheaper.

am I running any risks simply plugging in the hypertech?

I asked the question to cut to the chase, instead of possibly confusing myself with the mountain of information on the site.
    If you are just looking to do tune and intake just go the Hypertech. No risk.. Many here have been running it. I ran one for two years and liked it so much I bought another for our 6 mps so both had a tune. I ended up upgrading to a access port due to the mods I was adding.

It's not comparable. It will give you maybe 60 percent of the gain for 15 percent of the cost though.

The big benefits with custom tuning are when you have all the bolt ons.

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.
    Last edited by Jmac; 29-06-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    If you are just looking to do tune and intake just go the Hypertech. No risk.. Many here have been running it. I ran one for two years and liked it so much I bought another for our 6 mps so both had a tune. I ended up upgrading to a access port due to the mods I was adding.

It's not comparable. It will give you maybe 60 percent of the gain for 15 percent of the cost though.

The big benefits with custom tuning are when you have all the bolt ons.

Thanks for the info, can the car be detuned back to stock if I want? After I have used the hypertech on it?

Dude go to the website. All your questions would of been answered straight away.

Anyway. Yes it has a flash back to stock option.

Yes. Check the Stickies in the tuning section it explains it all.

Get the software, read yourself silly, ask more questions then you had previously,scratch your head, read some more, make a slight change then repeat lol

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Get the software, read yourself silly, ask more questions then you had previously,scratch your head, read some more, make a slight change then repeat lol
    This ^
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by kasparov View Post
    Hi lovecolt,

What do you mean that tunehouse were a dissapointment?
    Well, they do a reflash on my previous car and it came back slower than before. Initially, i thought its fair enough as the car's on a generic mail order reflash tune, which they advise is causing engine knock. Then, when i had a mate from W.A to have a look at the tune (who is a guru in ecuflash) and he's shocked to find that there's places with the most simple coding, was written wrongly. He done a few run and rewrite my tune, and the car's immediately transformed (even bring it on a dyno the next day to double check everything and fine tune it further)

So, that's reputation down the drain imo.

Then when time comes to buy my MPS, i thought.....TH should be fairly knowledgeable in MPS and should know exactly what to look out for and after few hundred bucks, they didn't even spot a busted rear engine mount (the REM's literally hanging on by a thin layer of rubber left on the stock REM......) Its not a big thing, but REM's like the 1st thing to check on any MPS and yet its missed.....???

Anyway, this tells me the bigger the workshop, the less attention to detail they are. So i rather stick with a smallish workshop from now on that knows performance cars
    When in doubt, power out....of control.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    That's not for everyone Mitch. Some wouldn't even know how to check the oil.

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

That was more of an example of what happens when using the extra features that AP or VT are capable of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12