User Tag List

Thread: Live pics of 2014 Mazda3 from NYC, sedan on its way

Default Live pics of 2014 Mazda3 from NYC, sedan on its way

Filed under: Budget, Hatchback, Mazda

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, straight from the memory cards of our own cameras. As you can see, the only version of the 2014 Mazda3 that the automaker is showing off at the moment is the hatchback, but we've gotten confirmation from Mazda that the sedan version will be shown sometime within the next five weeks.

So far, Mazda isn't commenting on whether or not we can expect a higher-performance Mazdaspeed3 version of the car, but we've got our fingers crossed. In any case, we're quite drawn to the appearance of this new hatchback from Mazda, with its flowing lines and character creases setting it apart from the rest of the compact segment in which it competes.

We also appreciate the sound engineering that went into the new 3. Despite boasting a wheelbase that's longer than the car it replaces, we're pleased to see that Mazda has kept its exterior size in check - it's actually shorter overall than the last-gen model - while also reducing weight by about 200 pounds. That's bound to be good for the new 3's dynamic properties.

Have a good look at our live image gallery above, click here to read about the car's new specs, and let us know what you think of Mazda's latest compact hatchback in the Comments.Live pics of 2014 Mazda3 from NYC, sedan on its way originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:14:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Reminds me of the new 6 but I guess that's probably the point

More information regarding the Australian model and pics here:

All-New 2014 Mazda3 Breaks Cover

I really like it, fingers crossed for an MPS version in 2015, it will arrive just in time for me to think about renewing my lease on my current one.

I received the email fom mazda with pics for the new 3, i effing hate the semi trailer front end, same as they did to the mazda6, to square especially for the 3..looks horrid, suite's the CX5 , but the 3's thrive on a slick front end.

I like it.. Much better and more cohesive than the awkward BL.

That front grill will make a great intake for a front mount :-)

Car sales confirmed that MPS is in doubt for Australia let alone world wide release.

MPS sedan would be nice