User Tag List

Thread: Gauge install

Default Gauge install

Now I need some help with gauges I have a water temp, Boost and oil pressure gauges triple gauge pod installed into my glasses holder in my mps6

I went to this mechanic who told me he could do it, Long story short he was a lazy a$$ and didn't want to put any effort to put them in. Honestly I believe he couldn't do it

I just want to get my boost gauge working, As its mechanical gauge its got the tubing coming out of the back of it to be tapped into something to give you the boost reading.

I've been looking a little bit of searching on "how to" installs on the boost gauge I know I need to tap the boost from somewhere with a T piece?
    Can someone point me in the way of a detailed guide for the mps6?

A friend and I want to have a go at it. (Me on looking and him doing it haha)
    Thanks all
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

Vac line from the Intake Manifold to the Bypass valve? I believe that can be tapped with a T piece for your boost gauge.

Oil pressure, I don't know if the 6 has a spin on oil filter? If not, then i'm pretty sure you need the spin on conversion (I just bought this). You then get an adapter plate (I just got this one recently OIL Adaptor Filter Cooler Sandwich Plate KIT 1 8 NPT Pressure Sender Sensor | eBay) that goes infront of the filter and then you screw the pressure sensor into one of the holes in the plate. Then connect up the wires.

Water temp, I haven't read how to do it so am not going to try offer any advice.

Hope this kinda helps. Cheers.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC