User Tag List

Thread: Bnr s3 upgrade help

Post Bnr s3 upgrade help

So the time has come to upgrade my turbo to a bnrs3.

I will be doing the install myself,is there anyone who knows whether i need to upgrade or change oil/coolant lines or will the oem stuff just connect straight up to the bnr?

I have ordered a new 3 port ebcs,3 bar map sensor+harness,but am a bit lost on what is required with upgrading the maf to a 3",i currently have a cpe cai and cpe tip,and from what i believe this should connect straight up to the bnrs3,what needs to be done to upgrade the maf?

Help please
    06 3 MPS-BNRS3/STRATIFIED E85 TUNED/XSPOWER CC MANI/PNP IM/INJECTOR SEALS/C&F INJECTORS/HDI FMIC/CPE DP/CS TBE/HPFP/3' SRI & MAF/TS DP BOV/CPE REM/JBR TMM/JBR SSP/DBA 4000 ROTORS/3 PORT EBCS/3 BAR MAP/ITV24/H&R COILS/JBR OCC/HAWK PADS/XXR 527 WHEELS/HK RS3'S/6000K HID/HDI BOOST GAUGE/APEXI TT

3 Bar and 3' maf needs to be calibrated before starting engine, All info on install http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ts-red-15.html
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 24-06-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Search function all the info you need is here..

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by camo2310 View Post
    So the time has come to upgrade my turbo to a bnrs3.

I will be doing the install myself,is there anyone who knows whether i need to upgrade or change oil/coolant lines or will the oem stuff just connect straight up to the bnr?

I have ordered a new 3 port ebcs,3 bar map sensor+harness,but am a bit lost on what is required with upgrading the maf to a 3",i currently have a cpe cai and cpe tip,and from what i believe this should connect straight up to the bnrs3,what needs to be done to upgrade the maf?

Help please
    The BNR is an upgraded stock turbo so all oil/coolant lines should fit just like stock. Like RedDjinn said, you will need to have the tune calibrated for the 3" MAF, and the 3bar MAP sensor.

To upgrade to a 3" MAF, you will need to get a different intake. I recommend the HTP 3" full intake as it will fit with the BNR and with the stock battery tray.

Let me know if you have any other questions

I would recommend all braided lines too.. you may as well do it properly

Thanks everyone for the help. @dazza,do you know if there is a braided lines kit you can get or do they have to be custom made?

Quote Originally Posted by camo2310 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help. @dazza,do you know if there is a braided lines kit you can get or do they have to be custom made?
    Mate, check the following: BNR S3 Swap How To - Mazdaspeed Forums
    You will want 12" of 6AN Braided Hose
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48