User Tag List

Thread: Hypertech Max Energy Sport

Default Hypertech Max Energy Sport

Item: Hypertech Max Energy Sport
    Item Condition: As new in box, comes with Hypertech sticker, all cables, cd etc.
    Reason for selling: I now have an EcuTek tune
    Price and price conditions: $300 (plus postage)
    Extra Info: I have no problem with either postage or pick up, postage should be under $10 to most places in Australia (Unless you want express post)
    Pictures:

DSCF2167.jpg

Cheap and easy mod this

3. Default

Do these work with the sp23?
    Anyone know increases for the sp23?

4. Default

How safe is this mod? Anyone else have good experiences with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by kasparov View Post
    How safe is this mod? Anyone else have good experiences with it?
    Yes, it's pretty easy
    Wouldn't suggest it for anything more than intake only though... Once you start messing with exhaust/intercooler, either AP or VT becomes superior
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    No

Yes, it's pretty easy
    Wouldn't suggest it for anything more than intake only though... Once you start messing with exhaust/intercooler, either AP or VT becomes superior
    Yeh I got intake only and Hypertech. Performance wise it's excellent and extremely good BFYB!! Ive spent $580 on hypertech, SRI, TIP. I have no plans for more power anyway as I'm focusing on suspension and making the most of the power available! It still spins third gear. Plus anymore mods you gotta start looking at fuel pumps etc

I ran it with tip sri dp exhaust and fmic had no issues with it

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    On a N/A Car not much can be done power wise

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Yeh I got intake only and Hypertech. Performance wise it's excellent and extremely good BFYB!! Ive spent $580 on hypertech, SRI, TIP. I have no plans for more power anyway as I'm focusing on suspension and making the most of the power available! It still spins third gear. Plus anymore mods you gotta start looking at fuel pumps etc
    Get better tires
    Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    I ran it with tip sri dp exhaust and fmic had no issues with it

Not sure what was going on, but car felt better on stock tune than with HT...
    Power delivery just seemed nicer and more progressive
    Suspect exhaust being opened up was doing funny things to the tune, as they tune around stock exhaust restrictions...

But anyways, still say as long as you don't touch your exhaust, a HT is a good Bang for your $ purchase...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Get better tires

Not sure what was going on, but car felt better on stock tune than with HT...
    Power delivery just seemed nicer and more progressive
    Suspect exhaust being opened up was doing funny things to the tune, as they tune around stock exhaust restrictions...

But anyways, still say as long as you don't touch your exhaust, a HT is a good Bang for your $ purchase...
    Yeah definitely agree there I ran mine for nearlly 2 years

~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Here is a link to the Hypertech website......Max Energy Sport - Hypertech

As has been mentioned you cant beat it for BFYB; it is very safe as it is plug and play, you have a few options none of which can do any harm if you choose the wrong one, you just go back and change it. One cool option is the idle +/-, I uped mine +500. It gives the car a noticeable punch in power; power delivery is also smoother. You plug the tuner into your computer to select your vehicle type/model; updates are also done this way.

Also I weighed the whole kit in the box today and it does not weight much so I will take $300 postage included

If you have any questions let me know.
    Last edited by azmps6; 28-06-2013 at 01:53 PM.

12. Default

What kind of power increase are we looking at just with intake?

No

Yes, it's pretty easy
    Hi All,

I actually did install a Hypertech tune on my MY08 SP23 after I sold my MPS. I contacted Hypertech after it initially failed to install on the ECU of the SP23 - I think Hypertech simply changed serial number entries on their database (it took them a couple of weeks and a few reminder emails) but when they emailed me to tell me it was updated I tried to install it worked.

Apparently it gives about 6-7HP across the range but what I did notice is the SP23 was much nicer to drive - seemed to be smoother and more eager to rev..... overall a bit more fun to drive.

I'm not sure if it works on SP23s models other than the MY08 but I'm sure Hypertech could confirm ....

What kind of power increase are we looking at just with intake?
    If you looking at power gains, thats not the idea of the hypertech. You will get a few kw up but it takes off the torque limitation in the first 3 gears means you are able to access that great torque the MPS has. I have it on mine and for me its night and day in terms of drivability.

What mech81 said as well it removes the boost limited from steering angle input as well

16. Default

If you want to get if it il give you $150

If you want to get if it il give you $150
    Are you trolling? Cash converters would give me more for it....

18. Default

Not trolling dude, whats the munimum you would sell for?

Sold, thanks.