User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THR DP from Tunehouse

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    You can come take a look at mine if you want?
    The next working 'Bee' day in Sydney I will take you up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    The next working 'Bee' day in Sydney I will take you up on that.
    Done deal

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Corksport have an uncatted one for $350 US, you would have to add postage.
    You going to get it tuned as well or was the price included with a tune? tuneHouse did my tune.Unless you can do the fitting yourself i can't see the value of a dump pipe unless bigger turbo or meth/e85 (plenty will probably disagree). I'm about to try the Lex (Stratified) theory of doing the intake side with tune, Just using a test pipe and corksport intake with ecuteck tune has netted 210kw and 434nm atw.. if you get an AP there are plenty that can etune that as well which is cheaper than ecuteck
    Will retune when the full 3 inch intake is fitted and have recently installed cork sport top mount to be tuned for as well.

Don't get me wrong i know DP will increas power but for way over $1000 for an extra 10-15 hp, a couple of hundred dollars for a test pipe is great bang for buck.

i imagine if you take up Rayds offer and end up going for a test drive you wil probably be wanting what he has.

I do plan to go BT later on, I'm just taking baby steps to get up there though as it does cost a fair bit of $$$.

Are they still doing our DP's?
    The issue with the Gen2 I believe was the fact he was using 100 Cell cats a 200 cell or above should resolve the issue

5. Default

Get it tuned first the power increase with just small mods will be amazing with a tune, than just bolting things on.. Take up Rayds offer and have a ride. On a side note Redjinn we should suggest he get a Cx5 and transplant an mps engine in it with BT, that would be a 4wd sleeper

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Get it tuned first the power increase with just small mods will be amazing with a tune, than just bolting things on.. Take up Rayds offer and have a ride. On a side note Redjinn we should suggest he get a Cx5 and transplant an mps engine in it with BT, that would be a 4wd sleeper
    By tune, did you mean get an AP and just run stage 1 map and then move onto stage 2 map when I get the dp and hpfp? (sorry if it's a noob question)

Quote Originally Posted by Krs View Post
    By tune, did you mean get an AP and just run stage 1 map and then move onto stage 2 map when I get the dp and hpfp? (sorry if it's a noob question)
    He has ECUTEC Tune, then mods Retune

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He has ECUTEC Tune, then mods Retune
    Is each retune the same price as the first first tune?

Is each retune the same price as the first first tune?
    No, once you pay the ECUTEC price that's it .The good thing about ECUTEC is if you buy a ECUTEC tune at a Queensland dealer and you move to Sydney the ECUTEC dealer down there can Retune.Depending on Dealer Retune can cost approx $150- $300.
    cost varies of tunes as well Tunehouse charge nearly $2000 where I paid in canberra $1500

No, once you pay the ECUTEC price that's it .The good thing about ECUTEC is if you buy a ECUTEC tune at a Queensland dealer and you move to Sydney the ECUTEC dealer down there can Retune.Depending on Dealer Retune can cost approx $150- $300.
    cost varies of tunes as well Tunehouse charge nearly $2000 where I paid in canberra $1500
    Is a dyno run included with the tune and re-tunes or is that a separate price altogether?

Is a dyno run included with the tune and re-tunes or is that a separate price altogether?
    Depending on Dealer , I paid $250 for a retune which included a dyno run.
    I started small with just a Ecutec tune which netted the biggest results then I got a DP, TMIC,TIP and retune later which netted a bit more but the Tune by itself will net u the biggest gain.
    And yes a dyno run is included with tune
    Last edited by chef; 02-07-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Depending on Dealer , I paid $250 for a retune which included a dyno run.
    I started small with just a Ecutec tune which netted the biggest results then I got a DP, TMIC,TIP and retune later which netted a bit more but the Tune by itself will net u the biggest gain.
    And yes a dyno run is included with tune
    How long does it take (roughly) for the first tune and every re-tune?

First tune car if dropped off in morning it wi prob be there whole day , retune only couple hours

First tune car if dropped off in morning it wi prob be there whole day , retune only couple hours
    That's pretty much spot on , if the tuner know what there doing :P
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Thanks for all the info, if I didn't ask I'd be stuck waiting there for the whole day lol.

Thanks for all the info, if I didn't ask I'd be stuck waiting there for the whole day lol.
    It's better not to rush a tune, let us know what u decide and post up results
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

It's better not to rush a tune, let us know what u decide and post up results
    Yeah hehe it's an expensive decision too, I got some saving up to do but yeah will post results when I gather the funds for it. Thanks again!

No probs, once saved it will be the best mod u can buy,and will bring a massive grin I assure u.

No probs, once saved it will be the best mod u can buy,and will bring a massive grin I assure u.
    BT and tune, cant wipe the grin off with a meat axe
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

20. Default

BT and tune, cant wipe the grin off with a meat axe
    Either can the tyre companies with all the wheel spin it would be doin in 2nd hehe
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast