User Tag List

Thread: wheel fitment ?

1. Default wheel fitment ?

hey guys and girls ill be looking at new wheels for the mps soon and wanted to know is anyone else running a 18x8 +38 ? just want to see how they sit if anyone has a pictures or too

thanks kavla

Gen 1, gen 2, 6 MPS???
    Lowered?
    Proper fitting tyres? Not stupid stretched things?

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...yre-setup.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...-they-fit.html

If it's a GENII @albii runs something like that.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I run 18 x 8 +40 on a mps 6, fits with guard rolling.

5. Default

its a gen 1 3 mps... it is still stock height ill be getting coilovers when im back in aus, as for tires ill get then when i know how much the guards will be rolled and how low i will go.

thanks heaps guys!

Last edited by dazza; 25-06-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

7. Default

I ran 18x8 plus 40 on my gen 1 lowered on coilovers. Didn't need rolling till I tried to go for absolute minimum camber in the rear. With -1*, I needed a little rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    I ran 18x8 plus 40 on my gen 1 lowered on coilovers. Didn't need rolling till I tried to go for absolute minimum camber in the rear. With -1*, I needed a little rolling.
    WOOT! been saying this for ages how good does the car feel now with a bit more + camber on the rear
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

9. Default

Felt great!! Less neg camber in the rear helps the back end rotate better. Oversteer bias in a FWD car FTW! That is actually one of the things that all the editors/reviewers of the new focus ST love about it compared to the MS3. It will kick the back end out with ease and predictability. Of course it cheats by applying the brakes to the inside rear wheel... :/ To get oversteer on the speed you just need a good rear sway bar and less negative camber in the back and you will be good to go

Felt great!! Less neg camber in the rear helps the back end rotate better. Oversteer bias in a FWD car FTW! That is actually one of the things that all the editors/reviewers of the new focus ST love about it compared to the MS3. It will kick the back end out with ease and predictability. Of course it cheats by applying the brakes to the inside rear wheel... :/ To get oversteer on the speed you just need a good rear sway bar and less negative camber in the back and you will be good to go
    I can agree with that. The ST certainly does feel more oversteery(?) than the MPS. Plus with the super quick steering it is a lot more fun than the MPS through the twisties.
    Good to see someone talking about less camber being an improvement and an improvement for practical reasons as opposed to lots of negative camber because it "looks good" or its needed to fit too big wheels
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

The rear camber on our cars is retarded. Even after a session out on the track my rear inside edges are considerably warmer than the outer edge. Altho by that argument, reducing rear camber will improve rear end grip, which should technically mean less oversteer......

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    The rear camber on our cars is retarded. Even after a session out on the track my rear inside edges are considerably warmer than the outer edge. Altho by that argument, reducing rear camber will improve rear end grip, which should technically mean less oversteer......
    Not exactly... Reducing camber will improve straight line traction due to increased contact patch. However being FWD, the mazda won't benefit from this application in the rear. There are two forms of camber. Static Camber which is what the camber is while the car is not moving. And Dynamic camber which changes as the rear suspension/wheel becomes loaded like when entering a corner. As the dynamic changes occur, the camber will change. This change depends on the suspension setup of the car. If you have less rear camber on a FWD car, the inside wheel will have less traction in a corner as forces load up and put most of the traction burden on the outside rear tire. As that tire becomes over loaded it will slip in to an oversteer situation. Ideally, you want to maintain grip with the outside rear tire just barely holding on. This gives the feeling of the car just following the front wheels around the corner without the back end actually trying to come around.

Not exactly... Reducing camber will improve straight line traction due to increased contact patch. However being FWD, the mazda won't benefit from this application in the rear. There are two forms of camber. Static Camber which is what the camber is while the car is not moving. And Dynamic camber which changes as the rear suspension/wheel becomes loaded like when entering a corner. As the dynamic changes occur, the camber will change. This change depends on the suspension setup of the car. If you have less rear camber on a FWD car, the inside wheel will have less traction in a corner as forces load up and put most of the traction burden on the outside rear tire. As that tire becomes over loaded it will slip in to an oversteer situation. Ideally, you want to maintain grip with the outside rear tire just barely holding on. This gives the feeling of the car just following the front wheels around the corner without the back end actually trying to come around.
    Yes so it helps keep the front pointing in the right direction, you can keep on the gas a little bit, helping you pull around the corner .. Ever been on wet grass in a FWD car with the handbrake on? You can get insane angles as long as you have a good turning circle and your foot on the gas a bit (match the gas to the speed of the slide) you can never loose the rear............ Glad you put it into technical words lol
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 27-06-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Yes so it helps keep the front pointing in the right direction, you can keep on the gas a little bit, helping you pull around the corner .. Ever been on wet grass in a FWD car with the handbrake on? You can get insane angles as long as you have a good turning circle and your foot on the gas a bit (match the gas to the speed of the slide) you can never loose the rear............ Glad you put it into technical words lol
    no I have never been on grass with handbrake on but dam sure I wanna try now

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    no I have never been on grass with handbrake on but dam sure I wanna try now
    Go rent a car I mean buy one lol... smaller car the better doesn't need power, find yourself a field and go nuts. than go get yourself some cheap pot plant pot's set up a coarse slide it through you will only be traveling at like 30-60kph best $100 you will spend

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Go rent a car I mean buy one lol... smaller car the better doesn't need power, find yourself a field and go nuts. than go get yourself some cheap pot plant pot's set up a coarse slide it through you will only be traveling at like 30-60kph best $100 you will spend
    We do something similar to this here in Colorado in the winter. Except it involves a frozen lake and my 96 Impreza Outback Sport