User Tag List

Thread: TNCC - Black Nissan Tiida

Default TNCC - Black Nissan Tiida

This weekend I tackled a lady's Nissan Tiida she was looking to sell shortly. It was in a pretty bad state upon first inspection. We agreed on a price, booked in a date and I arrived yesterday to give the car some love. Alot of the scratches were a little to deep to remove but a massive improvement.

First Inspection:

After three bucket clean: (Lots of scratches evident)

Pulled into the garage:

Clay Bar picking up those contaminents:

Before:

Roof Done:

Bonnet Done:

Last edited by MATMPS; 23-06-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: forgot something

2. Default

Nice work! I need this done to my car in a big way...

Infact, I need a panelbeater and a good sprayer.

How many pass did u do on the car??

Wow Matt! What a transformation!!! What was the owner washing her!car with....steel wool... lol

well done!
    bet the owner was stoked

That car will sell a lot quicker in that condition. Lovely work mate.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cheers Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    How many pass did u do on the car??
    I did two, sometimes three breaking out a harsher compund and wool pad. Some of the scratches were a little to deep but miles ahead of what it was before, she wasn't after a perfect finish but more-so a tidy up before sell

Quote Originally Posted by MATMPS View Post
    Cheers Guys!

I did two, sometimes three breaking out a harsher compund and wool pad. Some of the scratches were a little to deep but miles ahead of what it was before, she wasn't after a perfect finish but more-so a tidy up before sell
    Thought so. Was gonna say that if you go for another pass, it should be almost spotless. Definitely miles ahead of what's before and glad that she's happy with the outcome.
    When in doubt, power out....of control.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Thought so. Was gonna say that if you go for another pass, it should be almost spotless. Definitely miles ahead of what's before and glad that she's happy with the outcome.
    It's hard to know unless you're in front of the car working on it. Sometimes it's better to err on the side of caution. Especially if you have no means of measuring paint depth and are having to work with heavy abrasives such as wool pads in order to get a decent level of correction.

It's tempting to chase high levels of correction all the time. It's something that sometimes has to be tempered though if you're not 100% confident you won't strike through the clear

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 25-06-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

100% agreed Dan. Judging where to draw the line can be a tricky thing to do. After breaking out a harsh compound on wool pad then another two passes with lighter combo the owner was impressed and i was happy so i added a sealant and left it at that. Ultimately we all aspire a perfect finish but this cannot be achieved all the time & ultimately on this ladys daily driver id rather be on the safe side then doing more and more passes or even wet sanding to achieve that & it was a pre-sale detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    It's hard to know unless you're in front of the car working on it. Sometimes it's better to err on the side of caution. Especially if you have no means of measuring paint depth and are having to work with heavy abrasives such as wool pads in order to get a decent level of correction.

It's tempting to chase high levels of correction all the time. It's something that sometimes has to be tempered though if you're not 100% confident you won't strike through the clear

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Very true and concur about staying on the safe side.
    When in doubt, power out....of control.