User Tag List

Thread: Stock Boost for ms6?

Default Stock Boost for ms6?

Hi i was curious why i havnt seen any ms6 with electronic boost controllers? ive heard stock psi is 15.6? and max is 24 on stock turbo?? i was looking to get a Blitz Sbc-i and i was wondering if i run it at 18-19 with a TBE, TIP, Short Ram intake, and hypertech flash tune, will it blow ? thanks

has one stock
    stock boost about that
    max is whatever you want, cant read more than 22 on stock sensor, cant hold more than 18psi at redline
    got a fuel pump? if not, might blow up
    even if you do... cant say either way, dont know details of HT tune parameters

Cobb AP and a proper tune is the way to do it... Stop being cheap

Having boost controlled independently is a bad idea unless you tune for it

You will find stock boost is only 14 psi, tested 1 only last week.

Stand alone boost controllers are so 2001, not a good idea on one of these unless you want to go boom boom.
    Have a search through the tuning section and see what the best approach is.

Hypertech tune will really not work for that. As mentioned, its the new age, EBC and proper tune is the way to go. Stock K04 will be all out of ideas by about 17 psi anyway and just blow hot air / take out the turbo seals very quickly.

There are plenty of controllers around. I use the CP_e Standback which works fine and can be infinitely tuned and will also handle meth injection. It will enable adjustment to boost as well as timing and fuel flow.

Stock boost for the MPS6 is technically 13.6psi, but my "factory setting" as it comes from the Mazda workshop (with my Standback isolated from their computer) is 14.0psi. You would be mad to push boost on a stock turbo beyond 17.5 - 18psi, especially without induction cooling mods and opening up the exhaust too, not to mention looking at ignition timing and maybe even fuel conditioning. All you do is create more heat than useful power and threaten engine life by risking detonation.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 18-06-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Just get a cobb AP and Autotech HPFP internals and than you set for whatever.