User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan's Garage - 2008 3 MPS - Metro Grey - Opticoat

Default Dan's Garage - 2008 3 MPS - Metro Grey - Opticoat

Some very quick 'afters' of the Metro Grey 3MPS belonging to @mech81. This was paint corrected and Opti-Coated this weekend.

Enjoy

Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 16-06-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Best color by far

I like this color more than black

I'd say with the detailing skills of @Caffeine Fiend and his photography, any car can be made to look awesome =] It does look really good though

What's been done to this exactly? That's my colour but new again!

Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    I'd say with the detailing skills of @Caffeine Fiend and his photography, any car can be made to look awesome =] It does look really good though
    My detailing is definitely better than my photography lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    What's been done to this exactly? That's my colour but new again!
    This was a two day detail consisting of:

- Full wash and chemical decontamination (inc ferrous iron decon, foam wash, two bucket hand wash, dry)
    - Claybar decontamination
    - Two stage paint correction (machine polish) to remove/minimise swirls and scratches as well as increase gloss levels
    - Iso wipedown to remove polish oils/residue
    - Application of Opti-Coat ceramic polymer coating (left overnight to chemically cure)
    - plastic trim restoration
    - General cleanup inc glass, door jambs, tyre gel

Approx 16hrs for this particular car
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 16-06-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Wow!! Good effort looks da bomb!!

8. Default

jealous... awesome work Dan!!!!
    @mech81, you must be stoked

Awesome work yet again!!

@allo80 Yes Alex..it was long overdue for the maestro touch. Now at least i know the paint is properly corrected and protected.

One downside of Dan's work and not any fault of his own :P - it shows up the various dents and stone chips that were being previously "masked" by my lack of cleaning very well lol - *desperately resisting the urge to respray the front*

As always Dan did an excellent job - its becoming an expectation Dan @Caffeine Fiend

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    @allo80 Yes Alex..it was long overdue for the maestro touch. Now at least i know the paint is properly corrected and protected.

One downside of Dan's work and not any fault of his own :P - it shows up the various dents and stone chips that were being previously "masked" by my lack of cleaning very well lol - *desperately resisting the urge to respray the front*

As always Dan did an excellent job - its becoming an expectation Dan @Caffeine Fiend

Thanks Dennis. I work by a very simple rule: Treat every car as if it were my own.

Re the stone chips, if you didn't want to spring for the full respray, check out Dr Colorchip from the US. They sell great paint touch up kits. Very easy to use and better results than the touch up paint you get from a dealer.

Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

They've got a few videos on how their system works. Highly recommend it.

Looks brand new! Gloss monster strikes again...I bet @mech81 is stoked!

Niice who did the full respray? Oh wait...

Nice work Dan, amazing gloss levels and awesome reflections. Suprisingly not much orange peel on this one by the photos

14. Default

Looks awesome, got a guy in Sydney doing mine, Reflex Effect at Parramatta.
    A bit far to travel to Melbourne for a detail, but then again. Hahaha.

Thanks Guys. Matt it wasn't too bad peel-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
    Looks awesome, got a guy in Sydney doing mine, Reflex Effect at Parramatta.
    A bit far to travel to Melbourne for a detail, but then again. Hahaha.
    Dave at Reflect Effect does great work. I've recommended him to a few people in Sydney. You're in good hands

May I ask how much you charged to do this MPS?

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    May I ask how much you charged to do this MPS?
    Hi Courtney, I don't normally discuss pricing on the forum, but send me an email and I 'll be happy to give you info/pricing on what I do

dansgaragedetailing@gmail.com

No worries will do

Nice one dan as usual 16 hours work is pretty full on and i know u spend alot more time on other cars, good patience sensei. Also not sure if it has been discussed but might be worth making a sticky post on what you recommend to fully detail a car. For e.g wash wax, polish with this then do this finish with this etc etc. Obviously wouldnt turn up as good as urs :P and opti coat wouldnt be easy i would imagine but would be good to know what to use/do in terms of getting your car to look tops.
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

Thanks jimbo.

I'll see how I go time wise regarding creating a thread like that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast