User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did 2008 model 3MPS come in cosmic blue?

1. Default Did 2008 model 3MPS come in cosmic blue?

Hey guys,

I'm going to look at a 2008 model 3MPS tomorrow at a dealer and on the ad it says it's cosmic blue but in the pictures it looks more like the gunmetal grey colour (which I prefer) but the car is inside for the pictures so I can't tell for sure.
    Just wondering if 2008 models even came in cosmic blue as I haven't seen any others for sale.. Only the grey colour.

Link to add?

Pretty sure only metro grey...
    Make sure it has black inserts to ensure its a proper 2008

Yes. A lot of dealer adds I've found, they have no idea what they're advertising... say it's the sports model when it's not, and vice versa... etc

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Link to add?
    http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...ZDA-3-14943949

Hopefully that link works
    2008 MPS3 Sports Pack - Metro Grey

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Pretty sure only metro grey...
    Make sure it has black inserts to ensure its a proper 2008
    Yeah the interior on it proves that it's actually a 2008 model

I just hope it's metro grey as I like that colour more.

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

Lol, i just found and copied that link to paste and ask if it was that one

- - - Updated - - -

Lol at that car, by searching with carsales criteria, that car should be purple.... and it's been like that for AGESSSS...

Most of them do look metro grey I agree, but this one does look cosmic blue:

http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/ca...Pad&width=1050

Because it's in a show room with all the lights it can be hard to tell...
    Last edited by GibbA; 15-06-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

8. Default

Lol, i just found and copied that link to paste and ask if it was that one

- - - Updated - - -

Lol at that car, by searching with carsales criteria, that car should be purple.... and it's been like that for AGESSSS...
    Lol
    So are you saying it's been for sale for ages?
    What are your thoughts on the colour
    Metro grey? Or cosmic (or "Cosmo" according to them) blue?

Or purple haha

9. Default

Actually I just noticed you answered my question already lol
    Only half your post came up on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Furrymeatball View Post
    Lol
    So are you saying it's been for sale for ages?
    What are your thoughts on the colour
    Metro grey? Or cosmic (or "Cosmo" according to them) blue?

Or purple haha
    Yes that car has been for sale for quite a long time. Can't rememeber EXACTLY but i'd say it's been there for the most part of the year.

I've been checking these cars pretty much daily on carsales for the past 10 or so months...

Colour; matter of opinion. Seeing as though you asked mine, i'd say Cosmi'c' (yes its cosmic) blue looks better than the grey. Why? because its grey.... ugh..
    and i might have some pics to persuade you... BUT it is up to you
    Last edited by GibbA; 15-06-2013 at 09:34 PM.

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I believe this is a CB gen1 off this forum.

12. Default

I believe this is a CB gen1 off this forum.
    I have to say that those cars do look very nice, cosmic blue seem to look a lot better with darker wheels in my opinion plus I like the look of the window visors too.

I'm thinking now that if its cosmic blue it won't really be a deal breaker for me if I like the rest of the car.

Im wondering why it's been for sale for soo long though... If its in good order maybe I can talk them down a bit lol

That mps is a cosmic blue, it can look grey from certain angles.

YES. Talk down...

I was eyeing off a car in WA thats been for sale for ages (its $21,990) and i emailed them and he said he'd do it $20,000. Just like that. Lol, reply in 10 mins haha.
    As for why its been for sale for so long,.. most of the cars on carsales have been on for ages. It's just a slow market. Things come on, do nothing, their price goes down etc and after ages they might sell, but it is slow. I have noticed however that it's mainly the private sellers who lower their price on carsales, the dealers generally don't adjust their price. They just do something with the add to make the "last modified" date not so long ago so buyers don't know how long it's been on there for. (if that makes any sense whatsoever)

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    That mps is a cosmic blue, it can look grey from certain angles.
    yeah especially show room lighting.. tbh the two colours aren't THAT much different, but distinct enough in real life

16. Default

Thanks for all the responses guys!

I'm looking at spending $17,000
    Hopefully they are very negotiable haha
    I thought it would at least be worth a try
    Plus it would beat having to organise to view and test drive a private sale one if I can get it ... Which can sometimes be a pretty big pain!

Well good luck with it

yeah especially show room lighting.. tbh the two colours aren't THAT much different, but distinct enough in real life
    True that

Just my 2c, i reckon thats metro grey. Correct me if I'm wrong - they stopped the cosmic blue in 2008 and the year is confirmed by the interior fascia. I own one like that in metro grey and all but one of those pics pretty much to me is metro grey.

Just to throw the spanner in the works, I liked the metro grey more than the cosmic blue *being devil's advocate*

+1 for metro grey.

The last pic (hatch open). The boot channels look metro to me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast