User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member looking for 3MPS

Give your MAF sensor a clean and see if that improves it. There are instructions on the site here. I'm on the mobile so hard to link, but a search should give you the right results

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Give your MAF sensor a clean and see if that improves it. There are instructions on the site here. I'm on the mobile so hard to link, but a search should give you the right results

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanks for the tip,
    I Gave it a clean
    It doesn't seem any better.. It seems to be worse when the car isn't completely warm yet
    I'm not sure if its just lag as this is my first turbo car or if its a problem.
    I'm taking my car to mrt next week to get a mechanical inspection before my 3 month warrenty is up, so I might mention it to them and get them to take it for a drive as im guessing they would know what a mps is suppose to drive like.
    2008 MPS3 Sports Pack - Metro Grey

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

Quote Originally Posted by Furrymeatball View Post
    Thanks, I'm loving it so far!

Just a quick question guys
    I've noticed that the power delivery isn't overly smooth especially before its on full boost... It's not very noticeable but I'm just wondering is this just how these cars are?
    Please be more specific by what u mean not overly smooth that way it's easier to help
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Please be more specific by what u mean not overly smooth that way it's easier to help
    No problem,
    It seems to hesitate when in lower rpms (under 3000rpm)
    It is mostly noticeable in gears 3-6
    But once in boost it seems to smooth out and the hesitation is gone.
    It's even worse when the car isn't completely warmed up.

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

Quote Originally Posted by Furrymeatball View Post
    No problem,
    It seems to hesitate when in lower rpms (under 3000rpm)
    It is mostly noticeable in gears 3-6
    But once in boost it seems to smooth out and the hesitation is gone.
    It's even worse when the car isn't completely warmed up.
    read this http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ar-change.html
    sounds very similar ,mine was a bit like that was fixed with a Ecutec tune or it could be fuel pressure related
    Last edited by chef; 03-07-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

6. Default

If its anything like my hesitation I was experiencing then buy an accessport like I did, run stage 1 and say hello to smooth power delivery.

My guess is the stock tune is just crap as far as smoothness goes.
    Last edited by DarkSoul; 03-07-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Auto correct

I was having exactly the same problem as you, as detailed in this thread:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/diagn...ssue-mps6.html

My problem seems much better now, if not gone completely. If re-plugging doesn't fix the problem, also try all of the other things I mention in the thread.

It could also be your fuel pump which can only really be verified by using a Cobb AP or Dash Hawk (not sure on the Dash Hawk as I haven't used one)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    If its anything like my hesitation I was experiencing then buy an accessport like I did, run stage 1 and say hello to smooth power delivery.

My guess is the stock tune is just crap as far as smoothness goes.
    Do you think a hypertech would also smooth it out if that is the issue?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DannersAU View Post
    I was having exactly the same problem as you, as detailed in this thread:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/diagn...ssue-mps6.html

My problem seems much better now, if not gone completely. If re-plugging doesn't fix the problem, also try all of the other things I mention in the thread.

It could also be your fuel pump which can only really be verified by using a Cobb AP or Dash Hawk (not sure on the Dash Hawk as I haven't used one)
    I was actually reading that thread last night and gave re-plugging a shot, it doesn't seem to have helped the problem unfortunately

Thats a shame. Try the other things, especially changing and correctly gapping spark plugs, and try the coilpack spring stretch too as they can lose contact over time. I'm not sure how your funds are after buying the car, but I highly recommend the Cobb Accessport - this way you can log everything the car is doing and post it up to help pinpoint the problem. I'm running the Stage 1 stock tune on my car and it has made it much more lively... It didn't fix my hesitation though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12