User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member looking for 3MPS

1. Default New member looking for 3MPS

Hey guys,

My name's Tim and I'm 20 and from Newcastle,
    I'm currently looking to buy a gen 1
    3mps as my first turbo car after coming from Hondas yo.
    I have to say the community seems a lot more friendly here than over on ozhonda. So I'm keen to start posting more once I get a car.

If anyone knows of any 3mps's for sale in nsw either private or ones you may have seen at a dealer let me know.
    I'm looking at spending around $17000
    So hopefully I can find a good one for that price.
    2008 MPS3 Sports Pack - Metro Grey

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

Welcome man

i hope you can find a mps

Welcome, you should be able to find a good one for the money

Welcome Plenty of MPS's for sale at the moment, you should be able to talk people down a bit because they aren't selling too fast...

Tested any yet?

5. Default

Thanks for the kind welcomes guys,

Yeah I test drove one a couple of days ago in Newcastle but it had a poor service history as well as a knocking kind of noise coming from the top of the engine (maybe the timing chain?)
    So I didn't end up going with that one.

I liked how it drove though, very zippy and usable power especially compared to a Honda lol plus the interiors are very nice on them, that's one of the reasons I am looking for a mps instead of a wrx (which i first was looking for) as they have pretty poor interiors and the exterior styling is pretty ugly in my opinion.

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

Welcome mate. Im from Newcastle aswell. I bought my gen1 from a holden dealership down in sydney. It was advertised on carsales and came with a 5yr warranty!!!! If you wanna meet up mate and have a look and a chat lemme know. Welcome again buddy :-)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPS400 View Post
    Welcome mate. Im from Newcastle aswell. I bought my gen1 from a holden dealership down in sydney. It was advertised on carsales and came with a 5yr warranty!!!! If you wanna meet up mate and have a look and a chat lemme know. Welcome again buddy :-)
    So I ended up buying a metro grey 2008 model sports pack from a dealer in Sydney.. It's such a clean and well maintained example!
    We will have to meet up one day man and go for a cruise together

Congrats on the purchase mate. We'll really have to do a Newcastle meet of some sort now.. Few more members from around here =]

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Congrats on the purchase mate. We'll really have to do a Newcastle meet of some sort now.. Few more members from around here =]
    Sounds like a plan!

10. Default

Nice buy, when do you pick her up?

Congratulations mate. looks very clean and unmolested!

12. Default

Thanks guys, yeah it's very clean and completely standard except for a GFB blow off valve.
    I'm happy on the price I got it for too ($18k) seeing its insured for $28300 lol

I pick it up on Thursday.. I can't wait!

13. Default

Drop me a pm sometime, as we can compare MPS.

Nice purchase... Congrats mate...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Looks nice in the grey. Enjoy

16. Default

Picked up my car today, I love it
    It's definitely got the whole package, speed, comfortable and style lol

17. Default

Enjoy, just make sure you get everything fix in first few month under warranty.
    When I test drove that car, before mine one came in. Got a report done on this one you purchase,
    needs front lower control arm bushes.
    Apart from that, great car.
    Last edited by gsxrboy; 21-06-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Does look clean.. like that colour too, pretty unique amongst other cars out there.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by p666 View Post
    Does look clean.. like that colour too, pretty unique amongst other cars out there.
    Thanks, I'm loving it so far!

Just a quick question guys
    I've noticed that the power delivery isn't overly smooth especially before its on full boost... It's not very noticeable but I'm just wondering is this just how these cars are?

20. Default

By "not overly smooth" I mean that the car seems to hesitate slightly when coming on to boost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast