User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Corksport 4pots

Come on tax money!!

Is anyone going to buy these and be our testing mule /Biach.?
    Last edited by chef; 21-06-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Anyone reading this thread, the problem was installer error, bbk kit looks fine so far
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

So the kit if for the front, does this mean you HAVE to run stock callipers at the back? I know there is not much of an advantage for upgrading the rear callipers, but as @slixx was saying, it is a looks thing. What options are there for matching the rears to the front...?
    I also understand they are for "stock sized" rotors. This means that other ones like DBA 4000 will not be compatible with this right? What would it take to run these with a larger rotor? because there are many people with bigger rotors and would have to go back to a smaller one to run these brakes! (Yes i'm a noob when it comes to brakes. )
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    So the kit if for the front, does this mean you HAVE to run stock callipers at the back? I know there is not much of an advantage for upgrading the rear callipers, but as @slixx was saying, it is a looks thing. What options are there for matching the rears to the front...?
    I also understand they are for "stock sized" rotors. This means that other ones like DBA 4000 will not be compatible with this right? What would it take to run these with a larger rotor? because there are many people with bigger rotors and would have to go back to a smaller one to run these brakes! (Yes i'm a noob when it comes to brakes. )
    Im stopping with Brembos bbk up front, if you have a 3 theres no point worrying about the back. Mine stops with violet intent wet dry 'IT JUST STOPS'... You can run a bigger rotors all you have to do is change the adapter plate just make one longer, I have 330mm rotors with my kit. If you go bigger rotors you will have to get them custom made. If you really want you can adapt evo rear brakes
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Is this adapter plate one that comes with the kit or uses the stock one that you modify?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Is this adapter plate one that comes with the kit or uses the stock one that you modify?

Its the part that holds the caliper to the hub the length/size of this determines the size of the rotor
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Cant you just paint the rear cal to match the front bbk?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Yes I thought that would be an option..

DBA4000's will be fine, they fit the stock rotor size and fitment, who makes them is irrelevant. Any Rotor that fits the stock caliper will fit this kit.

you can use 4000 5000 series etc. any stock size rotor that is available for a mps can be used with this caliper.

Wait, I know it's stock fit but I thought the rotor was actually larger. Apparently not...

Yup, both 320mm. don't know why I thought they were different...

Last edited by GibbA; 01-07-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234