User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Autotech Internals Group Buy

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Shipments of 3 sets would be under 1k and just ship combos direct to the people. They would still get the two items for 875.+ shipping.

Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    Works for me.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Guys I'm currently driving to Brisbane so will post here later tonight but I've asked edge and haven't got a reply about this import tax. Stayed up last night and called them to talk to jp who is now organising this but I couldn't talk to him because he was busy according to Eric who I spoke to. I'll find all this out but if we have to add import tax and gst onto this then I think there goes all the savings of the buy in first place.. Don't freak out though, I will find out and report back

Cheers
    Alex.

If it is over $1000 of goods what pete posted applies. The threshold does not include postage.
    Cant they just ship individual packages? its much simpler and gets around the issue.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

How do they know when its over 1000 dollars cant they do a fake reciept

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Using Egde's calculator, postagef or 1 hpfp express is $59.50, for 9 it's $148.40. So we would be saving about $43.50 each on shipping, - $10 shipping in aus, so around $33.50.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    They said it would cost around 120 to ship 10 HPFP's to me

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post

If they did that, and the items were lost or damaged then the postage insurance only pays out on the listed price. Not worth the risk IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    If Edge is keen to accommodate the number of orders, and still give us a reduced price then go for it. Otherwise cut the AP out of the group buy and just make it for the internals, and we can just suck it up and pay a % of the duty each. That's my thoughts.
    If we did one big order and paid the taxes there is no point cutting the AP out, the people buying that would just pay their share.

Not even considering that.

Ok well i've had a read through the posts here and the links @slixx posted. Thanks for that.

Well upon doing some calculations i've come up with some results...

a) To get the whole order shipped together and pay the taxes (order of value just over US$4,000) it would cost us ~AU$1.22 to import US$1 worth of items. This means that it will cost just over AU$400 to ship the internals and this would be stupid because it costs this much to ship one set of internals in yourself ($350+$50). So especially with the exchange rate, unfortunately I see no point doing this.

b) Now the value of 3 sets is < US$1000, but >AU$1000 which means we would still be stung with taxes, (would work out even more per US$1 of goods imported) so this option would only work if we were at parity. Now I read through the link put up and it says the value of the order is converted to AU$ for calculation of taxes on the day that it is processed. This means that if it comes through one day there may be no taxes due to the value of the dollar, but the next day there might be taxes. I personally don't want to take this risk so this option is out.

c) The value of 2 sets is <US$1000 & <AU$1000 so no taxes. BUT because it's only 2 sets in the one package, this means shipping is considerably more per set of internals. (Wouldn't be the usual $50/set but definitely more) Now I did a calculation on importing 2 sets in one package, shipping them to you guys and adding in a estimate shipping cost of $80 from the states. Surprisingly this worked out to be the same final cost it would be if people bought them at the reduced price and paid full normal shipping so that means this is a pointless exercise. Leading to D my final option.

d) The last option is for each of you to buy the internals individually and have them shipped to your house at the normal shipping cost of ~$50/set (This is what I got quoted). This would be at the discounted price so you get that discount, but no discount on shipping because bulk is not a viable option. This also goes for the people who are wanting the combo. I'm not sure on the cost of shipping the combo to Aus but I don't imagine it would be a huge increase over just shipping internals.

I will confirm this last option with @EdgeAutosport.com that we can just buy a set of internals at the price they have offered us and then ship individually. If perhaps they could chime in here if this would be ok? I'll PM them too and post an answer when/if i get one.

Guys I'm terribly sorry about the confusion this may have created, but hopefully we can still get SOME of a discount (If 6 are still willing to buy this way. I know I will be.)

If you have any opinions or comments on this please share, i've done these calculations within a margin i'd be comfortable with and none of them a),b),c) have turned out favourably so we will just have to revert to d).

Regards,
    Alex.

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Wow, ouch Mr taxman!
    Shame we didn't do this when we were at like $1.10 US.

I'm happy with the last option (d) if edge will still do the discounted rate (+it saves us all the domestic shipping).

Thanks for all the hard work @GibbA.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Got a reply from edge, I'll send you all details when I can get on a computer tonight. (annoying to send 9 messages from phone). Edge hasn't confirmed if we can buy individually for discounted price though.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Wow, ouch Mr taxman!
    Shame we didn't do this when we were at like $1.10 US.

I'm happy with the last option (d) if edge will still do the discounted rate (+it saves us all the domestic shipping).

Thanks for all the hard work @GibbA.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    And yes would have been great to do it then. Ship in lots of 3 and further savings would have been had but not worth the risk now imo..

10. Default

Damn that's a shame (just catching up on this!)

Option D seems the go, either way, thanks for all your work on this Alex!

Great job @GibbA. I'm still keen if Option D ends up being the go.

Shipments of 3 sets would be under 1k and just ship combos direct to the people. They would still get the two items for 875.+ shipping.

Thoughts?

This is what i was saying...

And then it gets stolen and then you are screwed with insurance..

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    And then it gets stolen and then you are screwed with insurance..

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.
    Ok I now know that it cant be done that way I was only suggesting alternative way of getting around this issue

~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Lol, an order worth $900 but shipping happens to be $3,000+....

I'll vote for option D as well but will use ComGateway to ship mine. Edge offers free shipping in the US for orders over $150 and ComGateway's shipping rates look to be a little cheaper.

So whats the plan @GibbA? ??

So whats the plan @GibbA? ??

Yet to hear back from edge regarding buying these individually at discounted price... Hopefully tonight..

19. Default

Hey guys sorry for the delay in response! We will definitely honor the price we agreed upon and we will ship to you guys individually. Shipping is going to be $40 unless you add more than just the autotechs. For those of you wanting the combo price for AP/AT's, shipping will still be $40.

What I need from you...

Send me a PM with your name, email, and shipping info and what you want and I will send you an invoice and order confirmation that you will be able to pay through your email. I know most of you have already PM'd me but to avoid any confusion, it would be better if you just send me another one.

-Alan

Thanks @EdgeAutosport.com for honouring these prices. Don't hesitate to pm if you are interested in prices. I pm'd all those who were confirmed and interested in this to bring you up to speed.

Regards,
    Alex

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast