User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Big Turbo Goodness Games Begin

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Mine is just about to get rolling as well.

GTX3576 powah coming to a road near you soon!
    Looking forward to this one!

Default Big Turbo Goodness Games Begin

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    thats mad torque. But I thought that the MZR needed to stay under 500nm to keep the pistons in the engine? Or do you have a built motor?
    It's believed that ~542nM or ~400ft.lb is the limit of stress on OEM rods. At this point it's like playing with fire.
    I warned Luke that he's gambling at this point and I can reduce. but he was willing to take the risk.
    I think he's looking for an excuse to rebuild hehe

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    It's believed that ~542nM or ~400ft.lb is the limit of stress on OEM rods. At this point it's like playing with fire.
    I warned Luke that he's gambling at this point and I can reduce. but he was willing to take the risk.
    Any excuse will do hey Torque is an addictive mistress.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Would love to see the log he used for that VD plot. I wanna see how much load etc he's hitting.

Better get my best in now before all the really big turboz show up lol

That's a nice curve! Reverse taper ftw

Wow, great, it that on E85

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    Wow, great, it that on E85

Yeah 25% mix. Think I might be able to make 295kw/400whp once I have the 2XS Exhaust manifold and finally port out my intake manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Yeah 25% mix. Think I might be able to make 295kw/400whp once I have the 2XS Exhaust manifold and finally port out my intake manifold.
    what's your max airflow, just out of curiosity....
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

317g/s. My MAF is scaled back a fair chuck because of meth and I was hitting 2.5 Calc load which is causing problems so I had to keep under that.

What would it be without having your MAF scaled?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    What would it be without having your MAF scaled?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Id only be guessing but maybe 340-350g/s

13. Default

Shit, the massive amount of this platform that is getting or have BT is forever growing here, amazing what has happened in the last 6 months, @ledfootrob did you find an E85 mix produced more grunt than meth, im getting meth installed by Ray this weekend and will also be doing an e85 blend tune as well.
    Last edited by shaneski; 22-01-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Shit, the massive amount of this platform that is getting or have BT is forever growing here, amazing what has happened in the last 6 months, @ledfootrob did you find an E85 mix produced more grunt than meth, im getting meth installed by Ray this weekend and will also be doing an e85 blend tune as well.
    If you can do meth and e85, you can get crazy good results...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

E85 is where you will get your biggest gains. With the extra timing you'll be able to run it makes the car feel so much more powerful and alot smoother in acceleration. Meth works well too but you have to constantly make sure the system is functioning correct and you don't run out of meth. Meth cant be beat at keeping your BATS down and it keeps things consistent. Pull after pull after pull. Put both of them together and it's pure win.

16. Default

Thats what i was thinking, running a combo of the 2 for a skitz map,i need forged to not grit my teeth if going over 22psi with stock bottom end and daily driven lol

Thats what i was thinking, running a combo of the 2 for a skitz map,i need forged to not grit my teeth if going over 22psi with stock bottom end and daily driven lol
    Its all about the torque, don't be scared of boost you just have to use it right. Reverse Boost Taper is good for horsepower but keeps the torque in a safe range down low so your not stressing your rods too much.

Its all about the torque, don't be scared of boost you just have to use it right. Reverse Boost Taper is good for horsepower but keeps the torque in a safe range down low so your not stressing your rods too much.
    this ^
    in a 3, keeping the car under 500NM is the key
    bit less in a 6 (drive train losses etc)

was having this chat with tuners on MSF, people at altitude (ie me) who have to run more boost for same power, shouldnt be worried about the boost pressure as much as the load/torque values

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    since im only after moderate gains for the bnrs3 be good to see some open it up here in aussieland

Funny looking back only 7 months ago to now. How your plans have changed lol.

Funny looking back only 7 months ago to now. How your plans have changed lol.
    Wanted to build to keep all safer internally once i started i just kept going lol

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910