User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expected Gains with CS TMIC

Thanks for everyone's feedback. @RedDjinn , Luke "It will prob decrease boost but keep same power, everything will work more efficiently. When you increase boost you will get a power increase" This makes sense to me, but as I have the haltech interceptor won't that mean I can dial up the boost with a dyno tune? It's currently running 17psi so will be pretty conservative once I bolt on the TMIC, upgrade the FP internals and change the plugs, I was sort of thinking increasing to 19psi would be ok. Or has the haltech now run it's course and should I consider Cobb AP?
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Thanks for everyone's feedback. @RedDjinn , Luke "It will prob decrease boost but keep same power, everything will work more efficiently. When you increase boost you will get a power increase" This makes sense to me, but as I have the haltech interceptor won't that mean I can dial up the boost with a dyno tune? It's currently running 17psi so will be pretty conservative once I bolt on the TMIC, upgrade the FP internals and change the plugs, I was sort of thinking increasing to 19psi would be ok. Or has the haltech now run it's course and should I consider Cobb AP?
    Going HALTECH to COBB is a downgrade in my mind... If you have a good tuner with HALTECH stick with it.

Otherwise you will need to go COBB then get someone to modify the OTS maps to get the same power. I can't imagine the COBB would offer much more then L/C and FFS over the HALTECH... the HALTECH may even offer that.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Going HALTECH to COBB is a downgrade in my mind... If you have a good tuner with HALTECH stick with it.

Otherwise you will need to go COBB then get someone to modify the OTS maps to get the same power. I can't imagine the COBB would offer much more then L/C and FFS over the HALTECH... the HALTECH may even offer that.
    Interesting, thanks Dan & yeah I use a guy that tunes big power Evos. He managed to get me to 200kws with basically SRI, DP, Exhaust and TIP with the Haltech so hoping he can put something together for me. I'm not chasing massive gains cause I know if I push it too hard it'll become a game of russian roulette if I can get an extra 10-15kws I'd be more then happy...after that the next game i'll be playing is BT...
    Last edited by LRRH; 05-06-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post

I'm going to have to disagree... VT and AP are superior to a HALTECH ecu, But this is a TMIC thread not a tuning thread

Interesting, thanks Dan & yeah I use a guy that tunes big power Evos. He managed to get me to 200kws with basically SRI, DP, Exhaust and TIP with the Haltech so hoping he can put something together for me. I'm not chasing massive gains cause I know if I push it too hard it'll become a game of roulette if I can get an extra 10-15kws I'd be more then happy...after that the next game i'll be playing is BT...
    If going BT definitely look into alternative tuning solutions... There is a number of tables you'll have to get around in order to make it worth while to run a BT... Unless you're willing to spray meth

Also, evo is a very different engine to tune vs a MPS...
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 05-06-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree... VT and AP are superior to a HALTECH ecu, But this is a TMIC thread not a tuning thread

If going BT definitely look into alternative tuning solutions... There is a number of tables you'll have to get around in order to make it worth while to run a BT... Unless you're willing to spray meth

Also, evo is a very different engine to tune vs a MPS...
    yeah, BT is a far distant adventure for me Sam, so am thinking haltech will get me by for now. Yes your right EVO vs MPS 2 completely different animals, just pointing out he has a good reputation. Thoughts on gains expected upgrading to the CS tmic after a retune and benefits of upgrading the fp internals and plugs?

To pull this back on topic, I think the best way of putting "what gains" the intercooler will give, is you won't gain, but you won't lose as much power through heat related problems as you normally would
    Last edited by bd581; 05-06-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Aftermarket TMIC gives the following:

Lower pressure drop, so boost leaving turbo at 20 will drop to 18 instead of 16psi...

Also, cools the air better
    So boost temp goes from 80C to 30C instead of 50C

Ahhh, I'm getting it now. Thanks for dumbing it down for me boys. It's not about the tuned number it's about how it's able to regulate/maintain that number/power better when driving the car in real life situations. Thanks

Based on the way your going and in no dis respec of a piggy back ecu, the bolt on effect of items won't gain you a thing as stated but any money you spend on tuning for your upgrades is effectively a waste as you progress further. That money spent now changing your mind on tuning device will be more cost effective investment and make the most of every mod you do, the factory ecu will exceed the capabilities of a piggy back.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Aftermarket TMIC gives the following:

Lower pressure drop, so boost leaving turbo at 20 will drop to 18 instead of 16psi...

Also, cools the air better
    So boost temp goes from 80C to 30C instead of 50C
    Spot on!

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

So essentially you could safely up the boost with a aftermarket TMIC?

Aftermarket ic = lower bats, lower bats = less chance of knock = increase timing/boost if desired I would assume

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

13. Default

More boost = more fuel, therefore you need to watch the hpfp to see if it can handle the extra fueling demand

14. Default

I just installed my CS TMIC, the effer does seem to have some benefit, it does feel like it breaths better up top and dont fall over itself around 5300rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    I just installed my CS TMIC, the effer does seem to have some benefit, it does feel like it breaths better up top and dont fall over itself around 5300rpm.
    Did u get a retune as well?

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Did u get a retune as well?
    Not yet will do that when the 3 inch intake arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Not yet will do that when the 3 inch intake arrives.
    installed mine on the week end, definitely has longer legs curious to know what intake your getting mate?

18. Default

installed mine on the week end, definitely has longer legs curious to know what intake your getting mate?
    JBR (James Barone) wide path 3 inch silicone, they were out of stock when i ordered it a couple of weeks ago from JBR. They are due to be re stocked with them tomorrow
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12