User Tag List

Thread: JBR 88a Dogbone mount review

Default JBR 88a Dogbone mount review

Hi guys and gals,

wanted to make a thread detailing my impressions on my newly installed jbr dogbone to my MS3.

First off install was 10x easier than trying to install inserts which is what i had before, you dont need to take the bracket out as the dog bone slides in at an angle then slides all the way to the back, then all you have to do is slide it into place (how easy is that) it is however a bit tricky to get the old mount in out this way but i managed to do it in less than 15 minutes

My very first impression was when i started the car "Holy $hite they really meant vibes"

The car sounds alot different in the way that the exhaust has changed note and so has the engine can also hear the turbo whistling along, especially when downshifting.

The vibes are very harsh not sure if it settles? would love some other members comments who are running these on their general impressions, please.

Between the ranges of roughly 1500rpm-2000rpm the vibes are at their craziest anything below 1500rpm you can still feel the vibes but its not that bad.
    Everything above 2000rpm is super smooth the car feels completly different now but in a good way, he behaves differently than he did before so much more steering feel (this for me is the selling point) its a tad heavier but alot more controlled.
    I blasted the bejeebuz out of the car smashing it right through corners trying to find the torque steer...............couldnt find it at all and this was with the traction control off. I am gob smacked that he can be pushed so far and still be wanting to go faster and faster through each corner.

I felt as though i was literally one with the beast, put the absolute biggest smile on my face.
    The car feels so much more solid in general its really quite surprising the difference this mount has made feels like 1 solid piece from front to back, where as before i was able to tell there were 2 seperate parts.

Wheel hop is gone, the car no longer jerks between shifts, shifting is superbly precise these are all the benifits

Now remains the only negative thing about the mount other than the vibes which is not a big deal for me, what is a big deal is the window rattle lol but im hopeing some dynamat type stuff will fix that which it should, i will be installing dynamat in about a months time so ill inform everyone of my results.

Also very impressed with quality, price and shipping speed (6 working days) from JBRwill deffs buy more stuf from them.

Please feel free to ask questions and please other members running dogbones or even other harsh mounts, would love to know the breaking in period if any and what duro you got cheers everybody.

Thanks for taking time to read the thread.

Probably settle after 1000km or so
    Planning on getting the 80a duro myself

3. Default

Same as you mate, went from inserts to 88a. I was "wow", didn't expect the difference to be as much as it was. I've had it for a few thousand and the vibes are less. There are a few resonance points, particularly on revs lowering (off throttle). I love it. Makes me feel very connected. And the engine noise is great, made it sound more aggressive. I installed, took it for a spin and I giggled like a kid

My wife has gotten used to it and noticed less vibes with time.

I'm happy with it and not considering softer.

I had the 88 in for about 500kms. Unfortunate i had a massive boost leak at the time and the really struggled and was not very conducive for the everyday driver
    The vibes were interesting and was not what i expected them to be. Same as @allo80, between 1500-2000 was crazy vibes and getting out of slow corners or round-abouts was crazy
    As i had the leak, i was constantly at low revs, i didn't want to push my car in boost, and the vibes were constantly "in my face" so to speak
    the sound was amazing and very addictive!! It changed the note of the exhaust to be so much more aggressive and lower. @LOOPYMPS could atest to this when we were sitting at the lights together one evening at idle and he could tell the note had changed.

I changed it out for my SURE mount and will eventually go back to it one day and give it a red hot go. I plan to change my SURE mount out to the JBR 80 mount first, to see how it compartes and then after I'm used it, go 88 all the way
    @allo80, you have to take me for a spin, so i can feel what a few 000'skms do to settle it down a bit

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

5. Default

Happy to @slixx

Didn't have the 88a but the lower grade 70. Had exactly the same impression, but less vibration issue. Initially when first install, its most noticable during takeoff where alot of my front dash will vibrate (But that's because i have a DVD monitor there) and abit of buzzing noise if i cruise slowly between 1500-2500rpm. However, the vibration and associated noise does settle down after a week of driving.

Otherwise, awesome product with awesome customer service

thanks guys appreciate the comments will be interested in your opinion from the 88a to 80 @slixx

Quote Originally Posted by 01KDT View Post
    Hi guys and gals,

wanted to make a thread detailing my impressions on my newly installed jbr dogbone to my MS3.

First off install was 10x easier than trying to install inserts which is what i had before, you dont need to take the bracket out as the dog bone slides in at an angle then slides all the way to the back, then all you have to do is slide it into place (how easy is that) it is however a bit tricky to get the old mount in out this way but i managed to do it in less than 15 minutes

My very first impression was when i started the car "Holy $hite they really meant vibes"

The car sounds alot different in the way that the exhaust has changed note and so has the engine can also hear the turbo whistling along, especially when downshifting.

The vibes are very harsh not sure if it settles? would love some other members comments who are running these on their general impressions, please.

Between the ranges of roughly 1500rpm-2000rpm the vibes are at their craziest anything below 1500rpm you can still feel the vibes but its not that bad.
    Everything above 2000rpm is super smooth the car feels completly different now but in a good way, he behaves differently than he did before so much more steering feel (this for me is the selling point) its a tad heavier but alot more controlled.
    I blasted the bejeebuz out of the car smashing it right through corners trying to find the torque steer...............couldnt find it at all and this was with the traction control off. I am gob smacked that he can be pushed so far and still be wanting to go faster and faster through each corner.

I felt as though i was literally one with the beast, put the absolute biggest smile on my face.
    The car feels so much more solid in general its really quite surprising the difference this mount has made feels like 1 solid piece from front to back, where as before i was able to tell there were 2 seperate parts.

Wheel hop is gone, the car no longer jerks between shifts, shifting is superbly precise these are all the benifits

Now remains the only negative thing about the mount other than the vibes which is not a big deal for me, what is a big deal is the window rattle lol but im hopeing some dynamat type stuff will fix that which it should, i will be installing dynamat in about a months time so ill inform everyone of my results.

Also very impressed with quality, price and shipping speed (6 working days) from JBRwill deffs buy more stuf from them.

Please feel free to ask questions and please other members running dogbones or even other harsh mounts, would love to know the breaking in period if any and what duro you got cheers everybody.

Thanks for taking time to read the thread.
    A noob question but is the difference between a dog bone and a REM

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    A noob question but is the difference between a dog bone and a REM
    REM = Rear Engine Mount
    Although Americans refer to them as RMM = Rear Motor Mount

Dogbone is the design

Usually a REM or RMM is U shaped

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I'm in to register that my experiences are the same as @allo80 with the 88 duro JBR mount. It was super daunting at first, but the vibrations have settled over about 2000km to only be noticeable on friction point and on overrun.

Couldn't be happier with the mount, and with JBR's product quality and service.

Just ordered myself a JBR side and trans mount for the 6