User Tag List

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: WA Monthly catch up

I'd be keen for a catchup preferably on a weekend maybe down Freo way or even at Hillary's where we can get a decent spot to take some group shots - like at the war memorial up on the hill in Freo.

I would come, but I've got a blown head gasket.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I like the idea of that sushi place near Ikea :P

What are you getting Leis? moving away from FWD at last I hope?

And blown head no good... At least it didn't vent a piston though through the block...

Yeah....

Still a royal pain in the ass.

It is rather like looking for the silver lining in the mounting of sh!t that just got dropped on you really isn't it...

going for a straight swap or built motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    Yeah....

Still a royal pain in the ass.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

At the moment between an evo 10 or 2013 sti.need to go and try both of them out to decide haha.

^^ too. much. kesh.

Totally come to Southside mitsubishi ;-) I'll let em know to give you a good deal if you want an evo

Quote Originally Posted by leisk View Post
    At the moment between an evo 10 or 2013 sti.need to go and try both of them out to decide haha.
    EVO X SST any day. Nicer interior and about on par with the WRX for looks. EVO suspension is harder but more refined then the WRX STI, but you don't buy either car for comfort.

Also the ease of making big power in the EVO is ridiculous! 3" TBE, new cold side Intercooler pipe, drop in filter and tune saw just under 270KW / 510NM on a safe tune. You can literally walk into Tokyo Motorsport and get a 500WHP Kit if you desire it is that easy. Plus that double clutch gearbox is worth every cent... You think MPS Launch Control is fun wait till your internal organs get mashed by an EVO. I took it for 5 laps of RAC (near the airport) and I could not wipe the smile from my face.

Just be ready for the fuel bill because the EVO is a heavy drinker (this coming from me and I drive a 6L V8!)

The WRX would make a better daily for fuel economy and softer suspension, but power / performance potential is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    ^^ too. much. kesh.
    As my fiancé said: "better spent on cars then drugs and alcohol". Got the car tuned yet mate? GTX28 make it more of a handful to drive?
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 26-08-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Checked dyno sheet. 270kw not 280kw
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

SST box is torque limited though, mates father in law has one thats tuned to a safe limit for the SST box, my 6 is faster (till it gets twisty then you can tell its fat ).

Shes tuned and working great. With the AWD even at 22psi she still feels fine and controlled, yet if you drive around normally its tame as a kitten.

I'm keen to attend a WA catch-up. Only recently got my MPS and haven't been to a meet before.

Next Saturday somewhere perhaps? (6th September)

14. Default

Something on a thursday or wednsday count me in

If the time suits, i'm in.

Awesome advice! yeah power wise is both are sweet cars, I want a evo mr but not a fan of the automatics. Im open to trying it out but will see haha. Dad wants me to get a sti being that he loves them!

QUOTE=DAN MPS 3;295628]EVO X SST any day. Nicer interior and about on par with the WRX for looks. EVO suspension is harder but more refined then the WRX STI, but you don't buy either car for comfort.

Also the ease of making big power in the EVO is ridiculous! 3" TBE, new cold side Intercooler pipe, drop in filter and tune saw just under 270KW / 510NM on a safe tune. You can literally walk into Tokyo Motorsport and get a 500WHP Kit if you desire it is that easy. Plus that double clutch gearbox is worth every cent... You think MPS Launch Control is fun wait till your internal organs get mashed by an EVO. I took it for 5 laps of RAC (near the airport) and I could not wipe the smile from my face.

Just be ready for the fuel bill because the EVO is a heavy drinker (this coming from me and I drive a 6L V8!)

The WRX would make a better daily for fuel economy and softer suspension, but power / performance potential is not there.

As my fiancé said: "better spent on cars then drugs and alcohol". Got the car tuned yet mate? GTX28 make it more of a handful to drive?[/QUOTE]
    Engine
    Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, Turbo Smart Dual Port BOV, CP-E Cat Back Exhaust, Cobb AP, Sure SSP, 65 Duro CP-E RMM, Corksport Down Pipe, Corksport HPFP, HDI FMIC
    Exterior/Interior
    Black Front Lip, Black Spoiler, Tinted Fog Lights, Prosport EVO Boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauge, Bronze CR KAI 17x8.5 front 17x9 rear +35offset, Hankook Ventus semi slick 235/45, red rays lug nuts, Eonon D5151 head unit, triple gauge pod, BC BR coilovers, SPC Camber Arm

As my as I enjoy the manual evo... I still like using the paddles :-)

*crickets*

Soo.... Racewars dates are out...

I did hear that, not had time to see when they are though

Though I did hear one day would have an autokhana setup, which I think would be very entertaining to watch.

Pretty sure the autokhana is on the Friday... I'll dig the dates out later today

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast