User Tag List

Thread: Help! CEL light, misfiring/no boost

Default Help! CEL light, misfiring/no boost

After driving the car for 5 minutes or so last night I went to accellerate and felt like it was misfiring and wouldnt boost,
    CEL came up and hasnt turned off, dont have a reader...does anyone in the Illawarra region have one that I can borrow?
    Car feels normal under 3000rpm its just when I hit boost it gets rough and doesnt move, any ideas?
    couldnt see any disconnected turbo lines etc.

I'd double check hoses and clamps on the intercooler, off the turbo (especially boost hose into intercooler) maybe with positive boost pressure it's become pressurised and results in a leak. Also check the MAF sensor plugs. Possibly reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a while. Failing that you'll have to keep searching or take it to a mechanic. Sounds a bit like a leak to me if I were to take a guess.
    Last edited by rogwick; 04-06-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Boost leak for sure. Check front and rear intercooler hoses - they are the primary suspects.

They can look fine on first inspection but still have a leak.
    Last edited by Jmac; 31-05-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Agree with the above, a boost leak for sure, happy hunting and let us know what you found.

After spending yesterday searching for the problem, i tightened all possible hoses (some needed abit of a tighten however none were loose enough to be leaking) and cleaning the MAF sensor, i test drove her again to no avail...still hesitating under boost and feeling sluggish...i came across a previous thread which suggested to check the coil pack springs for contact on the spark plugs. After getting the TMIC off and loosening the first coil the spark plug looked filthy (I had spark plugs replaced 10,000kms ago...Im fairly sure this was due to my doing of decreasing the top left part of the engine when I had spilt some oil after doing an oil change as the coilpack had rusty residue around it as water had crept under the rubber seal, i bought a new plug and cleaned all the internals up as well as stretching out all the springs in each coil pack
    Put her back together and she runs like a dream, better than what I can ever remember since first buying her. Doesnt hesitate at all now and feels alot more responsive, time for a downpipe now I think for some growl and extra punch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	931169_10151551677953220_1571285473_n.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	14365

6. Default

Glad you got it worked out! Did you replace just the one plug or all four? If just the one, you may want to consider going ahead and replacing all of them just to be safe.

i just did one for now to see if it was the fix however i checked all other 3 and they are clean and all in good condition as they were replaced 10,000kms ago, do you think they will still need changing?