User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corksport Transmission Motor Mount Inserts Impressions

1. Default Corksport Transmission Motor Mount Inserts Impressions

Thought I'd post my impressions of the Corksport Transmission Motor Mount Inserts.

Installation:
    Fairly easy compared to cleaning the intake valves . It should have taken about an hour or so.

The main bolt for the tranny mount was a struggle to get off, needed all the strenght I could muster using a 600mm breaker bar to get the sucker off.

The point I chose to jack up the engine was the oil pan, rear of the oil filter. I jacked it up an inch or 2. Used the standard car jack to do it. (*edit: the best place to jack from is the tranny end on one of the ribs, makes it much easier and aligns better. To do that properly you'll need to take off the 2nd undertray)

I sprayed some silicone spray to assist with the insertion of the TMM inserts into the stock mount.

On tightenining up the main bolt, i managed to shear it...bugger! Still trying to find an OEM replacement
    (edit: got one from http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/)
    Couldn't get one out of mazda locally as there were none in stock and no stock showing in Mazda Japan! Anywho, I found a M12 x 60mm high tensile bolt from Masters that i've used as temp replacement. The bolt might have been defective as most of my engineering mates said I wouldnt have the strenght to shear a 12mm high tensile bolt like that (dont know whether I should feel relieved or offended lol).

Impressions:
    I have noticed less torque steer and smoother shifts.
    Torque steer reduction about 10 to 20% (hard to quantify without some sort of mearuring device. It didnt eliminate it the torque steer, it just reduced it). Less wheel hop as well. I noticed some minor extra vibes (5 to 10%) but that has died down (happened quite quickly). Mind you I have a JBR 88a dogbone as well (installed pre TMM inserts) which I really enjoy, dont mind the good vibes.

Overall, a good easy cheap mod to further reduce engine movement.
    Last edited by allo80; 27-06-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Best $35 I have ever spent
    : shifts are better 20%
    : reduced torque steer n wheel hop 15%
    : some vibes 10%
    : installation was easy, took 20 mins
    : made exhaust bit louder 15%

That middle bolt is really easy to mis-align and in term will snap in half as you tighten it cause it wont be going in straight, had to align pete's about 3 or 4 times before it was straight, always thread by hand and use some inox on the threads.
    seems like a cheap easy mod though

Ye tranny need to be jacked from the ribs. Bolt goes straight in. But yea tranny blind holes threads are shit as, had to get them helicoiled (much stronger than oem threads)

5. Default

Do you happen to have any pics of what was replaced? I'm interested in what this was and where it sits in the scheme of things.

I haven't touched any mounting points in my vehicle EVER since new. I'm thinking I need to get some bushes and inserts somewhere along the line as wear and tear will be taking effect.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Do you happen to have any pics of what was replaced? I'm interested in what this was and where it sits in the scheme of things.

I haven't touched any mounting points in my vehicle EVER since new. I'm thinking I need to get some bushes and inserts somewhere along the line as wear and tear will be taking effect.
    Have a look at the install guide (http://support.corksport.com/instruc...-6-128-WEB.pdf) to give an indication of where the insert goes. It replaces a rubber bush that sits in between the tranny riser plate and the mount itself. It also fills in all the gaps in between the OEM rubber bush and the mount. Fills in the gaps bit like the way the REM inserts work.

An upgraded rear engine mount will yield plenty of smiles through better shifting, less engine movement, less torque steer and more engine sounds in the cabin

Default Corksport Transmission Motor Mount Inserts Impressions

Engine mount

Shitty rubber which fills the gap

Corksport one which pretty much fills the gap n stop the mount from vibrating

Ps: sorry abt the Mpsgarage logo lol

Edit: it might not fit gen 1
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Wallbangers has now taken over from iirps

Peter "SLIXX"

bought my gearbox insert yesterday

THANKS TO @allo80 for the write up because of your review I bought this and love it... Got the insert in today OMG!!! no noticeable increase in vibes but as soon as you let the clutch out its much more immediate. EVERY new MPSer needs to get both inserts engine and gearbox from Corksport and install them! Gear shifts are the best I have felt ever in a MPS... I can change as quick as I can and not miss a gear its great..... I can even change back into first gear while moving without issues..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

11. Default

Awesome @RedDjinn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post

Engine mount

Shitty rubber which fills the gap

Corksport one which pretty much fills the gap n stop the mount from vibrating

Ps: sorry abt the Mpsgarage logo lol

Edit: it might not fit gen 1
    iirps... they fit gen1's
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    iirps... they fit gen1's
    I put in gen 2 mounts haahaa

14. Default

Looks like Corksport have recently given some MPS6 love for the Transmission Mount Inserts:

Awesome, I might order some next week and give them a try.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Harry LuvzDrift View Post
    I put in gen 2 mounts haahaa
    say what!? they fit gen 1s?

^^^ this can we use gen 2 tranny mount inserts on gen 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    I have installed gen 2 mounts on mine. Pretty much same but gen 2 mounts luks bit solid

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    No it won't fit

Quote Originally Posted by Harry LuvzDrift View Post
    I have installed gen 2 mounts on mine. Pretty much same but gen 2 mounts luks bit solid
    ah, sneaky lol. might have to do that if I replace my gearbox mount. So I'm assuming you used the gen 2 mount without any issues whatsoever ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast