User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corksport Transmission Motor Mount Inserts Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    ah, sneaky lol. might have to do that if I replace my gearbox mount. So I'm assuming you used the gen 2 mount without any issues whatsoever ?
    No issue. straight fit in with tranny insert.
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

I am thinking of getting these inserts as I don't like the in cabin vibes too much. I have a lot of torque steer, a lot of wheel hop/axle tramp and I seem to miss third every time I use my NLTS, bummer.

Reading what you guys have said, this might be just what is needed.

Do it @Grumpy! And grab the CS Race Rem while your ordering.
    This combo will rid you of your axle tramp and help with the torque steer.
    Im running this combo and can assure you i have minimal to no vibes too.
    Happy to meet up and show you to help you with your decision.
    Last edited by MPSed; 25-11-2013 at 07:31 AM.

will this mount fit 09 gen 2? it says 2010+. Also says that with the motor mount insert and rear motor mount insert...

Yep it will. US didn't get gen 2 till 2010, we got it 09.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Damn shipping for this item costs almost as much as the insert itself.......hate US shipping!!
    ===
    Actually, my bad. Reasonable shipping from CS themselves as opposed to Amazon
    Last edited by SP23HO; 20-02-2014 at 01:16 AM.

anyone have any tips on how to get the bolt that holds the transmission mount out? It is so bloody tight! i have the jack right under the transmission. It is not suppose to support it though right? Just so it lifts up a bit??

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    anyone have any tips on how to get the bolt that holds the transmission mount out? It is so bloody tight! i have the jack right under the transmission. It is not suppose to support it though right? Just so it lifts up a bit??
    Yep put jack on transmission directly under the position of the mount.

Jack it up to just touch. Then one or 2 pumps to lift and support a bit.

You really need a 600mm 1/2 inch breaker bar.

9. Default

If there is still thrust/force on that bolt when you are undoing it. Then that's where you can shear the bolt.

cheers guys!

definitely need the breaker bar for this job. Installed and to be honest, I can't tell or feel any difference. No added vibes either.

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Thought I'd post my impressions of the Corksport Transmission Motor Mount Inserts.

Installation:
    Fairly easy compared to cleaning the intake valves . It should have taken about an hour or so.

The main bolt for the tranny mount was a struggle to get off, needed all the strenght I could muster using a 600mm breaker bar to get the sucker off.

The point I chose to jack up the engine was the oil pan, rear of the oil filter. I jacked it up an inch or 2. Used the standard car jack to do it. (*edit: the best place to jack from is the tranny end on one of the ribs, makes it much easier and aligns better. To do that properly you'll need to take off the 2nd undertray)

I sprayed some silicone spray to assist with the insertion of the TMM inserts into the stock mount.

On tightenining up the main bolt, i managed to shear it...bugger! Still trying to find an OEM replacement
    (edit: got one from Mazda Parts - Authentic OEM Mazda Parts direct from Jim Ellis Mazda | Jim Ellis Mazda)
    Couldn't get one out of mazda locally as there were none in stock and no stock showing in Mazda Japan! Anywho, I found a M12 x 60mm high tensile bolt from Masters that i've used as temp replacement. The bolt might have been defective as most of my engineering mates said I wouldnt have the strenght to shear a 12mm high tensile bolt like that (dont know whether I should feel relieved or offended lol).

Impressions:
    I have noticed less torque steer and smoother shifts.
    Torque steer reduction about 10 to 20% (hard to quantify without some sort of mearuring device. It didnt eliminate it the torque steer, it just reduced it). Less wheel hop as well. I noticed some minor extra vibes (5 to 10%) but that has died down (happened quite quickly). Mind you I have a JBR 88a dogbone as well (installed pre TMM inserts) which I really enjoy, dont mind the good vibes.

Overall, a good easy cheap mod to further reduce engine movement.
    Thanks for giving your impressions on this will be useful going forward cheers.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by MPSed View Post
    Do it @Grumpy! And grab the CS Race Rem while your ordering.
    This combo will rid you of your axle tramp and help with the torque steer.
    Im running this combo and can assure you i have minimal to no vibes too.
    Happy to meet up and show you to help you with your decision.
    Hey mate, I've got my delivery from corksport. I ordered the tranny and engine mount inserts and also got the rear race mount. Which would be the best combination?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OzCJ View Post
    Hey mate, I've got my delivery from corksport. I ordered the tranny and engine mount inserts and also got the rear race mount. Which would be the best combination?
    Hey bud, im currently running the transmission mount insert and race mount with the 70duro inserts. Had them in for a while and can still confirm no vibes. This combo has improved shifts an helped keep torque steer at bay, even with a bt upgrade
    I will be trying out the 80duro inserts next weekend so i can report back then if you like.
    Good luck with your install.. Im sure you will like this combo

Hey bud, im currently running the transmission mount insert and race mount with the 70duro inserts. Had them in for a while and can still confirm no vibes. This combo has improved shifts an helped keep torque steer at bay, even with a bt upgrade
    I will be trying out the 80duro inserts next weekend so i can report back then if you like.
    I'll get them to check the current condition of the motor mount given that car is going for100K service.
    If stock mount is in good condition then I might give the tranny and engine mount inserts a go first.
    If not then might do tranny insert and 70 duro race mount combo.

So got report back from Mazda that bottom engine mount had a small cut in it. So given that they had it out to inspect, they ended up installing the CS race bottom mount and installed the transmission mount insert. Got them to check the top engine mount (oil filled) and they reported that it had a tear in the bottom rubber but not leaking oil. Given they were there, I got them to replace that one with the OEM mount.
    Cant wait to pick up the car tomorrow. Will report back.

Let us know how you go @OzCJ!
    I'm sure you're gonna love this combo..

Oh wow....that sums it up.
    Got the CS rear mount, tranny insert and a new OEM top mount - the front end feels so much stiffer and you can actually feel the tranny and engine. Awesome and so glad I did it.
    Thanks to the guys at Sutherland Mazda.

Ended up using Castrol Syntrans 75W-85 instead of the VMX80. Tranny feels a little rough, but might let the oil bed in a bit. Its also probably due to the tranny mount insert.
    If it still feels rough after say 5000km, I might change back to VMX 80.
    Last edited by OzCJ; 28-06-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OzCJ View Post
    Oh wow....that sums it up.
    Got the CS rear mount, tranny insert and a new OEM top mount - the front end feels so much stiffer and you can actually feel the tranny and engine. Awesome and so glad I did it.
    Thanks to the guys at Sutherland Mazda.

Ended up using Castrol Syntrans 75W-85 instead of the VMX80. Tranny feels a little rough, but might let the oil bed in a bit. Its also probably due to the tranny mount insert.
    If it still feels rough after say 5000km, I might change back to VMX 80.
    I had a bad experience with castrol 75-85. I found penrite pro gear 75-90 the best
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

is the gearbox noiser? If so get that oil out asap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast